Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singing-and-dancing rodents

Good mindless entertainment. The Chipmunks and The Chipettes were charming.

Re: Singing-and-dancing rodents

If you're talking about that new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, I'd rather see 2012...not the movie, the actual apocalypse.
    Last edited by Biohazard; 12-28-2009, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
      If you're talking about that new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, I'd rather see 2012...not the movie, the actual apocalypse.
      I'm with you on that one.

Comment

It may not be your type of movie, but it did really well this weekend.

From the LA Times:

Fox's "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" collected $50.2 million over the weekend and $77.1 million since it debuted Wednesday. Its crowds were 70% families and heavily Latino. "The Squeakquel" also grossed $36.5 million from the 42 foreign markets where it launched. That's more than twice as much as the first "Alvin" opened to in the same countries in 2007.

"It's Complicated" got an average grade of A- from audiences, according to market research firm CinemaScore, while "Alvin" got an A. That means those movies should benefit the most from word-of-mouth in the coming days. "Sherlock" and "Up in the Air" both got Bs, an average grade from typically generous moviegoers. That could be a cause for concern for Paramount, since "Up in the Air" has gotten extremely positive reviews.
        So a whole lot of people like the singing and dancing rodents. And with kids off school this week and a lot of parents off work, with great word of mouth it's going to be a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
          It may not be your type of movie, but it did really well this weekend.
          That's definitely not a positive thing. The last thing I want is a terrible movie to do well, because that only opens the doors for even more terrible movies.

Comment

But it's not a terrible movie. Its target audience really enjoyed it. How is that a terrible movie?

Comment

Uh-oh.

/slowly backs away from Jenny

I'll just... I'll just be over here.

/turns and runs out the door

Comment

But it's not a terrible movie. Its target audience really enjoyed it. How is that a terrible movie?
                It's a terrible film regardless of who saw it, who hated it and who enjoyed it. It's a story like all others and is not exempt from criticism just because a few 6 year-olds were amused by the songs and pretty colors.

Comment

Well, we're never going to agree on this. I just can't be offended by a goofy chipmunk movie making gobs of money.

Nobody I know IRL who took their kids to see it said it was terrible. Everybody likes the first one better, but they all said that this was fun. And they're all going to be buying the DVD in a couple of months. No, it doesn't have cross-over appeal to childless adults, but who cares?

Comment

Nobody I know IRL who took their kids to see it said it was terrible. Everybody likes the first one better, but they all said that this was fun. And they're all going to be buying the DVD in a couple of months. No, it doesn't have cross-over appeal to childless adults, but who cares?
                    I care.

There is no reason why the problems with crappy movies cannot be fixed at the script stage, even those made for children. No reason at all.

And the more bad films that make money, the less H-wood will give a damn about film quality. It's happening, it's been happening, and it will continue to happen unless people like you shape up and quit accepting garbage films.

Comment

In Planet of the Apes, the monkeys talked and rode horses.

Corona
                      I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                      I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Working...
                      X