X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The FOX Script Trading Lawsuit against one of our own: PJ McIlvaine

Originally posted by Jeff_Shurtleff View Post
    These are same people who allow FOX NEWS to exist.

Jeff Shurtleff
    So true. I guess we have to always remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by benskelly View Post
      It's being shown in movie theatres with BLACK SWAN, but they don't want it online. Sorry, still don't get it.

So you have to buy a ticket to Black Swan to peek at the trailer... has this trailer hit TV?

Just an aside... completely based on my experience in marketing in general (of course, I have no experience in the film industry as others here are often quick to point out)...

... when a company takes on an adversorial attitude toward its customers -- i.e. "Our customers are idiots and we have to control and manipulate them" -- it eventually degrades sales. Because -- even the biggest idiot knows when they're being jerked around. And they usually respond by keeping their wallets in their pockets.

Love your customers, love them by providing a superior product or services ... and they love you back at the cash register. I tell this to all my advertising clients -- some get it, some don't. Those who don't usually feel it in their bottom line.
      Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

You can't control the quality of trailers online. Some low res stuttering trailer doesn't help sell the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
          Thanks for your reply. Straightforward.

And I'd like to clarify -- I started discussing BL scripts because of comments made by another pro writer (not you), on another message board (not this website), who pontificated on the seriousness of PJ's copyright infringement, and articulated his own anger at his unproduced scripts being passed around, yet he simultaneously bemoaned that, thanks to PJ, HE will have a difficult time finding Black List scripts to read for his own enjoyment.

The cognative dissonance of his comments still impacts me.

It's an attitude of, "I don't want anyone to read MY unproduced scripts! But - hey - anyone have a link to the Black list scripts?"
          Anger at his own unproduced script being passed around openly on a script trading site. I can say with relative certainty that if he's read black list scripts, they didn't come from the world wide web.

There's a marked difference between receiving an unproduced script off the grid from someone you know and sharing unproduced scripts openly on the internet; a difference in both consideration for the writer/owner and for the potential necessity of filing suit.

I understand wanting to build a case for PJ. Let's not unfairly villify others to do it. She's got some things going in her favor. I'm hopeful for a best case scenario.
          Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

Beyond this board, I haven't heard any whisper about this whole thing. And people I've actually asked, have no idea it's going on.
            2011 Screenwriting Goal: 15 pages a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucha Scribre View Post
              Beyond this board, I haven't heard any whisper about this whole thing. And people I've actually asked, have no idea it's going on.
              It's mainly discussed among writers and people who work with writers.

It did make DHD, so everyone in town is at least marginally aware of it.
              If you really like it you can have the rights
              It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
                Thanks for your reply. Straightforward.

And I'd like to clarify -- I started discussing BL scripts because of comments made by another pro writer (not you), on another message board (not this website), who pontificated on the seriousness of PJ's copyright infringement, and articulated his own anger at his unproduced scripts being passed around, yet he simultaneously bemoaned that, thanks to PJ, HE will have a difficult time finding Black List scripts to read for his own enjoyment.

The cognative dissonance of his comments still impacts me.

It's an attitude of, "I don't want anyone to read MY unproduced scripts! But - hey - anyone have a link to the Black list scripts?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe that the thing that pulled me back here was you. Moronic contrarians, who speak with an undeserved authority and use half-truths and lies to hide their ignorance, are the reason I left.

Even now you make thinly veiled attacks on me without the courage to do it directly or honestly.

If you weren't so demonstrably inept and misguided in virtually every post you make, I'd say your constant sabotaging of good will among professional writers and the smearing of PJ's reputation through association with you was deliberate and calculated.

Before you spout off about what I said or did, you should at least have the integrity and ethics to be honest.

I, on Two Adverbs, shared my anger and frustration at having an UNFINISHED script, that I PRIVATELY WORKSHOPPED on the aforementioned website, that was illegally and immorally taken from the workshop and publicly traded on this and other sites hosting script trading threads.

The fact that you can't understand why that would offend me doesn't reflect badly on me, it shines a light on your black empty soul.

I, on Two Adverbs, shared my concerns that as a result of the lawsuit brought against PJ, the repercussions would be that scripts, including the black list, would be harder for aspiring writers to get their hands on and learn from.

It doesn't effect me one tiny bit. I couldn't give a **** if Black List scripts are distributed by places like this. I, like most professional writers, can get my hands on scripts through reps, lawyers, producers,and other connections in the business. I don't need the internet to get my hands on scripts. You would know that if you were even a tiny fraction of the professional you pretend to be.

You want to help PJ. Go for it.

Don't try and do it by slinging your BS at me.

If you really want to help her - shut the **** up and put as much distance between you and PJ as you can because your personality is so irrational and toxic that you are doing more harm than good.

From now on, if you have a problem with me, come to Two Adverbs and say it. Don't act like a little bitch and take pot shots at me from here.

Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machine View Post
                  I can't believe that the thing that pulled me back here was you. Moronic contrarians, who speak with an undeserved authority and use half-truths and lies to hide their ignorance, are the reason I left.

Even now you make thinly veiled attacks on me without the courage to do it directly or honestly.

If you weren't so demonstrably inept and misguided in virtually every post you make, I'd say your constant sabotaging of good will among professional writers and the smearing of PJ's reputation through association with you was deliberate and calculated.

Before you spout off about what I said or did, you should at least have the integrity and ethics to be honest.

I, on Two Adverbs, shared my anger and frustration at having an UNFINISHED script, that I PRIVATELY WORKSHOPPED on the aforementioned website, that was illegally and immorally taken from the workshop and publicly traded on this and other sites hosting script trading threads.

The fact that you can't understand why that would offend me doesn't reflect badly on me, it shines a light on your black empty soul.

I, on Two Adverbs, shared my concerns that as a result of the lawsuit brought against PJ, the repercussions would be that scripts, including the black list, would be harder for aspiring writers to get their hands on and learn from.

It doesn't effect me one tiny bit. I couldn't give a **** if Black List scripts are distributed by places like this. I, like most professional writers, can get my hands on scripts through reps, lawyers, producers,and other connections in the business. I don't need the internet to get my hands on scripts. You would know that if you were even a tiny fraction of the professional you pretend to be.

If you really want to help her - shut the **** up and put as much distance between you and PJ as you can because your personality is so irrational and toxic that you are doing more harm than good.

From now on, if you have a problem with me, come to Two Adverbs and say it. Don't act like a little bitch and take pot shots at me from here.

That was worth the wait, Deus. You had me at "black empty soul."

HALL. OF. FAME.

Comment

Wow. What a fresh breath of air that was.

You know, until this thread, I never realized what a bunch of a--holes we writers are.

Comment

....... I liked Armored.......... carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machine View Post

Hey man, I didn't see what went on over at Two Adverbs.

I just want to say that as someone who has been on the same side of an argument as you here a few times, I've followed your career.

Congrats on your success and good luck in the future.

Jeff Shurtleff
                        "Some men see things the way they are and say why? I see things that never were and say, why not?"

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...4669871&v=info

Comment

This thread has clearly gone on too long and is drifting off course into... well, we have no idea where it's headed, but we're not going to sit here and find out.

Thanks everybody.

Comment

Working...
                          X