Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2020, 10:28 AM   #11
Filmmagician
Regular

Default Re: With reps home now isolating - is this a great time or bad time to query?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostfootage View Post
Agree. Goes back to the chestnut from Christopher Lockhart: "Calculate less."
I agree, and it's always reassuring to know that. But I'm sure there are worse times to reach out than others - just wasn't sure if this situation with now working from home / isolation is presenting an opportunity or doesn't really change anything - querying wise.

Thanks
Filmmagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:21 PM   #12
JoeBanks

Default Re: With reps home now isolating - is this a great time or bad time to query?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostfootage View Post
Agree. Goes back to the chestnut from Christopher Lockhart: "Calculate less."
(Brian Koppelman)
JoeBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:05 AM   #13
catcon

Writers looking to query? Is it even worth querying?

I'm the query-to-all and query-anytime guy, so that answers that question, but let me throw this at you re: those two questions:

1. VPF continues to operate, with regular 'promotions' of pitch deals, and announcements of 'new' pros being signed. Today's pro sign-up, Unique Features, has been on it before, but I guess they've returned. You can sort of see why they'd be willing to take a couple of bucks from writers who're willing to submit queries through such a service, especially now that the pros are working from home. Anyway, in the current climate, it sound like the VPF proprietor is busy on the phones/email trying to recruit more pros so as to make his service still look relevant - which it probably is, as an option among a decreasing number, though personally I can never afford it.

2. InkTip recently sent out an announcement stating that they've been in touch with producers who're still reading. Meaning: Keep using our service! The company also still has its 'free newsletter' that features a couple of free leads per week.

3. I have slowed down my regular querying in the past three weeks, and my only read requests have come off here (under the 'Announcements' section) and via a producer on ScriptRevolution.com (the free-to-host site). Note that I only post my logs and query-content there, which forces anyone who wants to read to email me for it directly - so there is that option, in case you're nervous about posting your scripts for anyone to see. Apparently there is more activity for writers who post the scripts (shorts are doing particularly well, it seems), but I'm of the nervous type.

I can't answer to BlkLst or any other script hosting/querying/evaluation service, nor to the contest thing. Both are cost-prohibitive, to my health.

At the risk of turning this into another epic Blacklist thread, what are people's experiences there, these days? Are you getting your coverage/reads/downloads as usual... or is anybody here still even playing that game?
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:58 PM   #14
lostfootage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBanks View Post
(Brian Koppelman)
You're right. I read it in a Lockhart group. Thanks!
lostfootage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:06 AM   #15
winter dreams

Thanks for posting that info, Catcon.
winter dreams is offline   Reply With Quote