Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScriptBlaster

I was intrested in this so called scriptblaster, and i was wondering if anybody has done this. If so is it worth doing and has anybody got good results from doing this?

Re: ScriptBlaster

I got about 5 requests to see me script, all pretty low key producers. Sent the scripts out, still waiting for a reply

Comment

Thanks for responding, in your opionion was it worth doing the sciptblaster? When did you actually do the scriptblaster so i have better idea on how long it took to get a response on it?

Comment

it's a waste of money.
        The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Yeah I agree. I was pretty unhappy with the results. Some of the producers that requested the script, were so far down in the food chain, I didn't even bother sending them the script. The only reason I used it was because I dont live in LA and I thought it would be a quick way of getting some interest. If you drop your email into my PM I will discuss further

Comment

While I haven't used ScriptBlaster, I have had some success with another query service -- typically around ten read requests per query I send (plus or minus depending on how crappy my idea is) and I received a paid option on one of those bouts.

They do tend to be smaller companies though.
            Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

I just did it three days ago. Five script requests, two "send me a synopsis", one asked for writing background. Honestly, I just want to have someone else push it so I can spend time writing the current script, which I like a lot more. Jane was pleasant to deal with, and they let you list names of people NOT to send it to, so that the people who are currently reading your scripts won't get a new query from you. Somewhere there is a thread here where Boski says very good things about his experience.
              Good luck.

Comment

What was the other service that you used if you don't mind helping out a fellow writer?

Comment

I used Script Express from So You Wanna Sell a Script (which I found from an ad on Done Deal!).

I have a somewhat longish blog post about my experiences querying from the wilderness here:

http://towercoda.blogspot.com/2005/1...-querying.html

My guess is that ScriptBlaster would be pretty similar, and I'd like to give it a try sometime -- but I haven't gotten around to it.
                  Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

I assume that most of you are novice screenwriters and you can already say who are so far down in the foodchain?

Mankiboi

Comment

Originally posted by Mankiboi
                      I assume that most of you are novice screenwriters and you can already say who are so far down in the foodchain?

Mankiboi
                      That sentence makes no sense.
                      "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

i think he's saying that's its arrogant to assume that producers are so far down the foodchain when you're a novice writer yourself.

Comment

boski, between the two of them which would you prefer: inktip or scriptblaster?

or neither i guess.
                          just send out the query letters and hope for the best?

Comment

Point taken, no offence meant

Comment

Originally posted by Mankiboi

Mankiboi
                              yup. and there are probably 3 novice screenwriters for every novice producer / manager.
                              The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Working...
                              X