Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIP Creative Screenwriting Magazine?

I wonder if one of the options they're considering is not sucking?
    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

It's a shame. I feel for the writers and production staff who are out of jobs.

But everything they did was poorly run. The contests were a joke, constantly extending deadlines to get a few more entry fees, then waiting months to announce even the semifinalists. For those who entered the Expo contest -- where prizes included trips or discounts to the Expo -- winners in the past were informed after the Expo was over, or at least too late to go to that year's Expo.

Personally, I've been a subscriber for the past three years or so, and over the past year, I haven't gotten a single issue on time, and it usually took me several phone calls to get a replacement issue.

The organization has certainly been in a decline for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Dazzler
        That discounted "Best of Interviews" book might be worth a gander...
        When I clicked it, it didn't work...can't say I'm surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
          I wonder if one of the options they're considering is not sucking?
          I think that option has left them, em.
          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Bill deserves an award!!

I was at the latest CS Expo and the BS he spewed during the "closing ceremonies" was Oscar worthy. Attendees asked questions about why and how the Expo could be so unorganized and he had a weak and barely plausible excuse for each question. I was shocked that he actually said some things didn't get done because he just didn't have enough time. There sure wasn't a lot of LEADERSHIP on that stage when he was giving those answers (and, yes, he was up there alone!!).

I enjoyed the magazine (and the Expo) and hope that maybe someone can take CS over that actually has a clue about how to run a business.

Comment

Originally posted by 120pages View Post
              Bill deserves an award!!

I was at the latest CS Expo and the BS he spewed during the "closing ceremonies" was Oscar worthy. Attendees asked questions about why and how the Expo could be so unorganized and he had a weak and barely plausible excuse for each question. I was shocked that he actually said some things didn't get done because he just didn't have enough time. There sure wasn't a lot of LEADERSHIP on that stage when he was giving those answers (and, yes, he was up there alone!!).

I enjoyed the magazine (and the Expo) and hope that maybe someone can take CS over that actually has a clue about how to run a business.

You should have filmed it, if you had an Iphone.
              Last edited by Madbandit; 10-13-2011, 09:50 AM.
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

used to love those old little blue copies of the magazine... remember those?

Comment

Originally posted by jsay View Post
                  used to love those old little blue copies of the magazine... remember those?
                  I'd love to bring those back.

Comment

I'm still waiting on Bill to re-release the Actions of Screenwriting book. Can't be that hard to pay a publisher to print copies and then and sell the book on a website can it? Its been sold out for years now.
                    The Best Impersonation of Christian Bale Freak Out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5631H6KuE

Comment

Originally posted by Typewriter View Post
                      I'm still waiting on Bill to re-release the Actions of Screenwriting book. Can't be that hard to pay a publisher to print copies and then and sell the book on a website can it? Its been sold out for years now.
                      And why are you bringing up Bill Martell in a thread about Creative Screenwriting? He doesn't even work for the magazine. I think this post needs to go in a different thread. Yes?
                      Will
                      Done Deal Pro
                      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

The connection: Blue Covers.

Through a killer head cold I am rewriting a chapter of SECRETS OF ACTION today and expect to have it finished around the end of the month - Kindle/Nook edition around then, and print to follow. Nov issue of Script has an excerpt from the new edition.

Okay, now back to Creative Screenwriting discussion currently in progress...

- Bill
                        Free Script Tips:
                        http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Good to hear of your new book, Bill.

EJ

Comment

Not to forget the snafus they had delivering purchased dvds... took me 6 months of phone calls to get my products... never in the stores on time or at all some issues... 6 issues per year and they can't get their act together?
                            "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Any updates on CS's status? Have they filed for bankruptcy? They owe me money for two articles published.

Comment

They probably owe Unca Leo $5, too.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Working...
                                X