Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imagine Impact X Netflix

I'm tempted to enter a fake script and fake person and hope it wins, so then I can write the real movie based on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      I'm tempted to enter a fake script and fake person and hope it wins, so then I can write the real movie based on this.
      It would be interesting to see your video for that ploy. In the online article “A Conversation with Brian Grazer – Film Producer & Renaissance Man,” a quote from Brian Grazer states: “What you cannot do is bullshit people; it’s not smart, and it’s not good karma.” Of course, you’re kidding around, but Grazer’s advice is good advice.
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

wtf does that even mean?

Every feature script is fake. Pseudonyms are used, so... what is it you think you're going to subvert?

Wait, I know... you want Brian Glazer and Ron Howard to sue you for defamation maybe? Or would it be an homage to them?

Just curious.
        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

The only way to explain this is to ruin the joke in my head. I refuse.

Comment

The only way to explain this is to ruin the joke in my head. I refuse.
            just messin' with ya.
            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

It’s free to submit. You ought to do it. They will only choose from repped writers. Otherwise, they wouldn’t ask those questions early in the form. finalact4 can set you straight on the details of that as she did for me.
              Last edited by Clint Hill; 07-02-2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I'm not entering myself -- but repped writers?

Comment

I believe Imagine Impact will choose from those writers who have representation and submit to the competition. After name, address, and contact information, the first line of questions—before any discussion of submission of the writer’s particular project—are these: “Are you a member of the WGA?”; “Do you have an agent?”; “Do you have a manager?”
                  Last edited by Clint Hill; 07-02-2020, 02:51 PM.

Comment

See I figure they'd go the other way.... try their best to find an unrepped writer -- better story. PR.

Comment

See I figure they'd go the other way.... try their best to find an unrepped writer -- better story. PR.
                      Naturally, I like your version better. (by the way, watch this on Netflix: Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga for Ferrell fun)

Comment

What is Netflix?

Comment

Re: Imagine Impact X Netfli

I just wish they'd give us a heads up on what the other three genres will be.

Comment

What is Netflix?
                            Netflix is a wide-open market for whatever it is you write for the screen.
                            Last edited by Clint Hill; 07-03-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

They are looking for diverse writers that have overcome a significant challenge in their lives. Their past selections have been with repped writers and those writers that have prior experience in the industry but may have not had their big break moment.

Many of us would consider that having writing assignments for several studios would suffice as breaking in, but they seem to feel differently which was the case for creator David Cornue.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                                They are looking for diverse writers that have overcome a significant challenge in their lives.
                                Is the "overcome a significant challenge in their lives" true for the Impact Netflix application this time?

Looking over the questions there's nothing that would indicate that. Unless I'm missing something -- which could be as there are tons of questions. But most of the questions seem to be about the script itself.

---

ETA, speaking of Netflix -- Charlie Kaufman -- "Netflix didn't ruin movies, studios ruined movies."
                                https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/ch...es-1234571313/
                                Last edited by figment; 07-04-2020, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X