Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

I'll think about it, thanks for the reply.

Comment

JESSE'S GOLD

LOGLINE:
      When a small time truck thief named Jesse James steals a government big-rig she thinks is loaded with treasure, a federal agent finds himself with limited time to convince her to reveal her location before catastrophe.

Drama- Action thriller. Rated R.
      Last edited by AE35-Unit; 11-11-2013, 07:01 AM.
      We gain our innocence by taking yours.

Comment

RACKET

Logline: In 1930's America, the mostdecorated man in U.S. military history, Smedley Butler, faces his greatestbattle yet, thwarting an attempt at a Presidential coup by a group of wealthybusinessmen.

Salient line from hypothetical trailer: In the vein of ARGO or ZERO DARK THIRTY or ALL THEPRESIDENT'S MEN, comes an American story so incredible about a man soremarkable, it could only have happened in real life.

Thanks!

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/12231
        Twitter: @AdamSleper

Comment

Has anyone even gotten any industry downloads, or even views, from this? I have to assume just peer views. But still curious.

Comment

My script has been on for a week and I just got 6 views and a non-unique download, whatever that means.

Comment

The Kingmaker and the Gospel of Wealth:

Inspired by the true story of Mark Hanna, the political consigliere and kingmaker who united Rockefeller, Carnegie and J.P. Morgan in assuring Major William McKinley's defeat over William Jennings Bryan for the Presidency during the watershed election of 1896.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/12167
              Last edited by Anointed; 11-18-2013, 08:22 PM. Reason: Revised logline

Comment

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/11813

My script Firewake got an 8 for setting from a Blacklist review - it's a very unique world, not like anything seen before.

I'm just starting out, so I was happy with that eight. I'm revising it, and plan to send it out as a writing sample in the future.

Logline: An uptight detective unicorn and his rookie partner must fight corrupt bosses and deadly minions when their loved ones are kidnapped by a psychotic mastermind on a quest for world domination.
                https://devonmw.wordpress.com/

Comment

'Industry pros' aren't actually trolling this forum, are they? No one can rate these scripts, right? Only 'industry pros' can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeKaplan View Post
                    'Industry pros' aren't actually trolling this forum, are they? No one can rate these scripts, right? Only 'industry pros' can do that.
                    There are industry people who participate on DDP. Whether they would read/rate the scripts is a separate question.

Comment

Weeeelllll, when I put my script up on BL, I got low scores. When I went to the Screenplay Mechanic for coverage and to find out what was wrong, not only did he raise some good point to sharpen it, he also said:
                      This is one of those projects which, on the surface, sounds like a big-budget hokey B-movie. In reality, it’s an absolute blast and it’s hard not to be impressed by the author’s storytelling style and the way in which he’s executed his narrative. There is room for improvement in a few areas but, overall, this is an above average action-adventure.
                      And I'm now fixing the 'room for improvement' bits.

His insights were pretty precise, and you could tell he'd read it and understood what I was aiming for. If the guys at BL read it, maybe they didn't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bagging the BL, just saying it didn't work for me.
                      Always choose cognac over cocaine -- Jon Lord

Comment

We just got an overall 8 on our action blockbuster script, SKYJACKERS.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/13077

SKYJACKERS

A disgraced Air Force pilot is given the opportunity to join a group of sky pirates, who use jet packs to steal millions from planes in flight. But she discovers the head of the organization has a far darker goal, and she must choose between the family she never had or a global nuclear war.

ETA: We also have a sci-fi dramedy pilot up, THE MAJESTIC 12. It only has a rating of 5 but I love the hell out of it anyway.
                        writertypepeople.tumblr.com
                        twitter.com/susanlbridges
                        pendantaudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by Australis View Post
                          Weeeelllll, when I put my script up on BL, I got low scores. When I went to the Screenplay Mechanic for coverage and to find out what was wrong, not only did he raise some good point to sharpen it, he also said:
                          I'm thinking about doing this myself. I'm just worried about spending 200 bucks and getting the feedback "The plot needs to be shortened" and not telling me where or how. Unless I know Andrew can supply specific suggestions, I'm thinking about throwing it back on the BL and hoping for a good score.
                          I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I've used Drew and can say you'll get specific, actionable suggestions.
                            And for less than $200.
                            Last edited by ClintW3; 12-09-2013, 07:45 PM. Reason: missing word

Comment

Thanks
                              I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Susanlbridges View Post
                                We just got an overall 8 on our action blockbuster script, SKYJACKERS.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/13077

SKYJACKERS

A disgraced Air Force pilot is given the opportunity to join a group of sky pirates, who use jet packs to steal millions from planes in flight. But she discovers the head of the organization has a far darker goal, and she must choose between the family she never had or a global nuclear war.

ETA: We also have a sci-fi dramedy pilot up, THE MAJESTIC 12. It only has a rating of 5 but I love the hell out of it anyway.
                                Congrats on your 8! I've never seen the sky pirates idea, so kudos to you for that unique robbery take. Your score qualified you for an email(s)! Did you get any downloads or interest as a result?

Comment

Working...
                                X