Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
kjl451
New User

Default Comedy production companies...

Other than CreativeScreenwriting's list of companies that accept scripts and queries, does anyone have any suggestions of companies that will take broad audience, high-concept comedies? Or if there is a list somewhere online that I can dig through. I've had some luck, but a dew of the sites I have looked at do not list what genre the companies want. Any help is appreciated.
kjl451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
RGF

Location: Kicking around on a piece of ground in my home town.
Default Re: Comedy production companies...

To my knowledge nothing like this exists. It's a case of combing IMDB for comedies that are similars to yours, see who the producers are, see which companies produced them, and there's your list.
RGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
writerman

Default Re: Comedy production companies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjl451 View Post
Other than CreativeScreenwriting's list of companies that accept scripts and queries, does anyone have any suggestions of companies that will take broad audience, high-concept comedies? Or if there is a list somewhere online that I can dig through. I've had some luck, but a dew of the sites I have looked at do not list what genre the companies want. Any help is appreciated.

I'm just spit-balling here, but I think Done Deal provides this kind of service. Yes, I think I recall reading that somewhere before.