Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loglines from Coverage?

If you get coverage, they write out a logline for your script.

I feel dumb for asking but: Are you allowed to use this logline when promoting your script? I always wondered...

I'm guessing YES.
    I don't know why but I used to think you weren't allowed to use the loglines the script readers wrote for your script.

But you paid for coverage so...

*edit*
    Actually, they write out a synopsis too... can we use this? ( I mean if it's good of course...or maybe with tweaks)

Re: Loglines from Coverage?

Speaking as a non-attorney ...

I cannot imagine that you would ever have any problem from using a logline or synopsis that someone has written for you as part of paid coverage.

You would almost certainly want to tweak the synopsis, because you know your plot and characters better than anyone else does.

The person doing the coverage wants you to benefit from the coverage and to keep coming back with more work for him/her.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Whenever I write a logline for a client, they are welcome to do whatever they choose with it. They can use it verbatim, tweak it, etc.

The client paid for the coverage so it's all theirs. They can share my whole report, use the synopsis, quote it in query letters (if they think that'll help).
      NOTES / COVERAGE
      15,000+ Screenplays
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
        Whenever I write a logline for a client, they are welcome to do whatever they choose with it. They can use it verbatim, tweak it, etc.

The client paid for the coverage so it's all theirs. They can share my whole report, use the synopsis, quote it in query letters (if they think that'll help).
        Same. It's yours. I imagine most of us would hold this position.

I am a critic first and a writer second.

I have a background in development and currently provide low-cost coverage.

More info here: www.FourStarNotes.com

Comment

Thanks. I just never knew for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X