Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicks Who Script podcast

Hey guys. Maggie Levin, Lauren Schacher and I decided to start a podcast about screenwriting with a focus on female voices. This is a podcast by women, but for everyone. Our first guest is screenwriter and artist Ashley Perryman Quach. Our first episode is available on our site:

Chicks Who Script

Listen, if that kind of thing interests you.
    Chicks Who Script podcast

Re: Chicks Who Script podcast

Cheers to this!

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
      Hey guys. Maggie Levin, Lauren Schacher and I decided to start a podcast about screenwriting with a focus on female voices. This is a podcast by women, but for everyone. Our first guest is screenwriter and artist Ashley Perryman Quach. Our first episode is available on our site:

Chicks Who Script

"... but for everyone." And yet, "NOT ALL MEN is always implied."

Hmm. Lemme do the math on that.

Comment

Oh, I forgot that all posts here go into a mod queue. So, cue the mod queue.

In the meantime... My above post was in jest.

In general, social change doesn't happen if the only alternative to the current bad thing is simply no thing. Like in elections: Bad candidates win if they are merely contested by worse candidates (or by no other candidates at all).

Emily, I'm figuring your podcast is intended to inspire people to create things that you like to replace those things that you don't. Good. And, much luck.

Comment

Fantastic stuff. Will definitely be listening.
          Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post

Chicks Who Script

Cool! Thanks!
            “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Very interesting. Listening now. Best of luck!

Comment

I enjoyed listening to this, so thanks for going to the effort of making it.

If I had a couple of teeny issues...

I found it a little quiet. I listened to it through my sound system and even with the volume way up it was still a little quiet in places.

Also - and this is just an early episode thing - I could have done with a few more pointers on who was talking. This is always an issue with three-voice podcasts (Film Method always gave me the same headache), and I'm sure it seems really dorky to keep saying 'So Maggie...' but it would just help a little. Obviously the more you make, the more clear it'll be to regular listeners.

But overall - top job.

My stuff

Comment

you don't need to post this.

Question. What's with the audio? Were you guys-- oops, I mean girls-- not mic'd?

I had to squint my hearing just to keep up with what y'all were saying because I couldn't get the volume high/loud enough. I did listen over my phone using headphones-- but I listen to all podcasts that way so I know it was more than my innate lack of hearing ability.

Maybe it was just me-- in which case disregard-- but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

In any event,
                  best of luck with it.

Comment

Thanks for the support!

It was our first episode. We made some adjustments after we heard the audio.

Comment

Great job, Emily. Cool hearing you talk of your love of explosions.
                      Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Hey, Emily -

I listened, and enjoyed it, and will listen again. Thanks.

I do agree about the audio issue, too. I had to crank the volume up to the max, and there was still at least one "chick", especially, who spoke really softly, and was almost impossible to hear.

I also agree that it was hard to tell who was talking sometimes, because of the audio issue, and because of a lack of big distinction in voices. It was sometimes obvious it was you, because of what you said, and the guest, when talking about her stuff. I imagine with the audio issue fixed, and upon continued listening, it will become obvious who is speaking, through familiarity. Until then, I suggest you each speak with a different bad fake accent, so we can tell you apart.

On John and Craig's podcast, you can hear them fine, but I find myself often adjusting volume because Craig is always so much louder than John. But one thing for sure, their voices are so distinct that you're never confused about who is speaking. And there is only two of them.

Best wishes. When will the next one be up?
                        "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah the quietest person in the room was the farthest from the mic and I, the loudest, was closest to it. We've rectified that in the later episodes so hopefully it won't be an issue again. It will still be a problem in episode 3 because reasons, but then it will go away.

We're aiming to put out an episode every Monday, so the next one will go out on Monday, 28, and our guest will be producer Marisa Stotter in honor of SDCC.

Comment

Originally posted by cshel View Post
                            On John and Craig's podcast, you can hear them fine, but I find myself often adjusting volume because Craig is always so much louder than John.
                            With all the apps John's putting out, maybe he could fix that with a single-purpose one - "Amazin' Muffler"

Comment

Awesome! Just added it to my podcast list. Will listen on tomorrow's hike!
                              ScriptGal
                              Screenplay Consultation & Analysis
                              Fifteen Years Development Experience
                              http://www.scriptgal.com/

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Working...
                              X