Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sytycd

Most fun you can have watching tv until RJPANTDC.
    "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Re: Sytycd

June 7 baby!
    Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.
    ~Guster

Comment

Originally posted by jkk808 View Post
      Most fun you can have watching tv until RJPANTDC.
      What the heck is RJPANTDC?

I love SYTYCD!!! There are sooo many good dancers this year. I have no idea how the judges are going to be able to choose the top 20.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
      - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Oops. Should be RJPABDC.

Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew.

Comment

Holy crap.

Can't believe that dude just quit. They were practically begging him to stay on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk808 View Post
            Holy crap.

Can't believe that dude just quit. They were practically begging him to stay on the show.
            If I ever see him down at the Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade, I can say to him, dude you're an idiot for giving up a big chance at more exposure. Even if he didn't win, the exposure alone is priceless.

Nigel's comment was funny: "Okay. Bye. See you down at the Promenade."

Comment

All the dude could do was his stunt-dancing act, and he did that great, but his talents were not going to be adaptable to the many different styles of dance they were forced to do and he knew it. He made a smart choice not to show everyone how incapable he was of doing any other kind of dance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
                He made a smart choice not to show everyone how incapable he was of doing any other kind of dance.
                Maybe. But I'd rather be cut, than quit.

Comment

The worst way to be cut is to talk yourself out of it .

There were two girls that did it last night. The first one was really annoying but the second one, I believe she was the last one in the Top 20, felt like a made for TV moment.

Same kind of thing also happened with the guy who went to bed whilst the rest of the team continued working. There had to be more to it than we saw as he was able to do the routine but you are led to think how dumb that guy must be.

He may be that dumb though....
                  After was all gendarmes and dick stitches...

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
                    All the dude could do was his stunt-dancing act, and he did that great, but his talents were not going to be adaptable to the many different styles of dance they were forced to do and he knew it. He made a smart choice not to show everyone how incapable he was of doing any other kind of dance.
                    They should never have put him straight through to Vegas. I was shocked. He should've had to stick around to do the choreography. He would've been cut before the plane ride.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
                    - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Originally posted by velysai View Post
                      They should never have put him straight through to Vegas. I was shocked. He should've had to stick around to do the choreography. He would've been cut before the plane ride.
                      Yeah, that was foolish on the judges' part.

On another note, I loved Sheila Kaiser's first audition, the enthusiastic girl with the short curly black hair, but then when I saw her "dancing for her life" it was the exact same routine move for move! No wonder she got cut. It's like an actor who has learned how to perform one monologue really well, as opposed to an actor who can walk into an audition, read the script once and nail it every time.

Comment

I liked Natalie.
                        "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

such a guilty pleasure. can't wait for the top 20.

Comment

I find it boring after the auditions. I could see good dancing plenty of places, and never have bothered.

But awful dancing? I can't get enough. As opposed to the nails-on-chalkboard drawback of bad Idol auditions, bad dancing is just a fascinating visual delight.

Comment

RJPABDC had it's live auditions over the weekend. The LA dance crews got hosed. All four deserved to make it. Some of the dance crews from the other regions were really weak.

Not that anyone, including that SF crew, can touch Jabba.

Comment

Working...
                              X