Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: True Detectives on HBO

Yeah, I don't know... I feel like we've seen that kind of relationship many times before, especially in movies, and Pizzolatto brought nothing new to the table, not even Big Country's cancer which never really plays a part in his relationship with Rocky.

But, of course, different strokes for different folks.

Comment

This is a must see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8zTSDFiI24
      It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

it's funny how some clues were just under our noses...

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post

That is hysterical!

Comment

Originally posted by Pooh Bear View Post
            it was all right there

SPOILER, maybe

There were all these attempts to stop them digging and what did it in the end?

So, yeah, kinda in general agreement with your post, that that character is a bigger player.

Somebody never could spot crazy *****.
            Last edited by Timmy; 03-07-2014, 12:21 AM.
            Story Structure 1
            Story Structure 2
            Story Structure 3

Comment

Well, it's over. Reactions?

Comment

It was an acting clinic by Woody and McConaughey. They are going to have a hard time topping this in season 2. Part of why this was so great was because of the chemistry between Woody and Matt. I think HBO is going to come with some big A list actors for season 2. TV no longer has the stigma it did before, especially cable TV. I think HBO can land two A list actors.

The only disappointment was they alluded to Marty's daughter having experienced some kind of abuse in her childhood. I don't like they didn't clear that up for us. I agree with Nic Pizzalotto, in that it is impossible for Marty and Rust to have got the whole Tuttle family and in the real world the bad guys get away with crime a lot. Especially powerful ones.

Comment

Originally posted by CColoredClown View Post
                  Well, it's over. Reactions?
                  I expected more, and found the last two episodes a bit underwhelming. The whole thing with Marty's daughter was just ignored it seems. I really thought she was somehow a victim of the cult. I agree with Deion22, that was disappointing.

I don't know. It was a great show overall, but I just thought it fizzled at the end, especially the last two episodes (episode 6 was fantastic).

Comment

A beautifully shot, directed and acted mini-series. One of the best ever.

... except it was ultimately pointless.

Feels like a magic trick that holds your attention until you see the magician pulling twenties out of your wallet. "Look over here at Carcosa and The Yellow King. Do I have your attention? Good. You've been duped."

Comment

I thought it was an excellent series. Here are some deeper thoughts I wrote up for a review on Blast Magazine: http://blastmagazine.com/entertainme...on-one-review/
                      Quato Lives!

Comment

Can anyone explain to me why Rust had the photo of the green house hanging at his temp PI office? I guess I missed the part of it's significance. Why did police originally take the picture of this green house initially and Rust decided to place it up?

Comment

That was as good and as satisfying as anything I've ever seen on TV.
                          TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

I was hoping to have my mind blown. My prediction was way off.

For a brief moment I was thinking Rust was chasing himself through the trees and into old structure. And as Marty was following, he would be stabbed by Rust who was wearing a 'spaghetti monster' mask. Then I thought that was just too silly.

I have to remember Rust was on a lot of drugs in his life.

I do have satisfaction that it didn't end really stupid or too open ended.

Comment

I think it needed two more episodes to fully play out the story elements. As for the last line of spoken dialogue... doesn't get much better than that.

Comment

I don't think it's even started.

When it's all over and you buy the complete series 1-X box set, it'll be just great.

This can become something truly extraordinary.
                                Story Structure 1
                                Story Structure 2
                                Story Structure 3

Comment

Working...
                                X