• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolverine 2013 trailer

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...ow-online-2013
    Vancouver Screenwriters Meetup Group

Re: Wolverine 2013 trailer

Looks like they took a lot from the classic mini-series by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller (two of my heroes) and jazzed it up a bit.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Looks cool. Some of the action is a little filled with obvious CGI, but it looks fun.

I think it's a pretty great premise to take away Wolverine's regeneration powers, and his immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by tuukka View Post
        Looks cool. Some of the action is a little filled with obvious CGI, but it looks fun.

I think it's a pretty great premise to take away Wolverine's regeneration powers, and his immortality.
        It's been done in the X-Men comic book in the late 80s, btw.
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Meh, I don't know. The last one was SO bad. The only movie I remember feeling anger from start to finish. Such a lame Blob. Such a lame Deadpool. And he and Sabertooth are brothers? Adamantium is from outer space? So dumb...

Not wild about this plot idea either. He can be moral? He's got a healing factor but he's not immortal. I thought if he wanted to die he could just put his claws through his neck. Heck, Xavier could probably kill him if he asked nicely. I hate when hero movies do that old hackneyed plot. First Superman 2 then Spiderman 2 now Wolverine 2. Hell, even X-Men 3 covered this territory already.

I don't know, it doesn't look bad but not enough to give my money to the franchise. I want Fox to lose the rights to this franchise.
          "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
          - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Wolverine survived Hiroshima, had the adamantium ripped from his skeleton and being run over by a steamroller. Needless to say dying isn't a choice for him.

But this mortality angle keeps it in line with the comics. As far as I know his healing ability was lessened and immortality taken away so he could regain his soul. With Mark Millar overseeing all of the Fox Marvel properties I have faith it isn't just a bulls**t plot device.

As for the trailer I like it, still cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock'd View Post
              Meh, I don't know. The last one was SO bad. The only movie I remember feeling anger from start to finish. Such a lame Blob. Such a lame Deadpool. And he and Sabertooth are brothers? Adamantium is from outer space? So dumb...

Not wild about this plot idea either. He can be moral? He's got a healing factor but he's not immortal. I thought if he wanted to die he could just put his claws through his neck. Heck, Xavier could probably kill him if he asked nicely. I hate when hero movies do that old hackneyed plot. First Superman 2 then Spiderman 2 now Wolverine 2. Hell, even X-Men 3 covered this territory already.

I don't know, it doesn't look bad but not enough to give my money to the franchise. I want Fox to lose the rights to this franchise.
              Thanks for the spoilers, and I do agree that Fox (do they subconsciously hate putting out films?) should lose the rights to all Marvel film properties.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                Thanks for the spoilers, and I do agree that Fox (do they subconsciously hate putting out films?) should lose the rights to all Marvel film properties.
                What spoilers? I haven't seen the movie.
                - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

What spoilers? I haven't seen the movie.
                  The spoilers from the 2009 film.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                    The spoilers from the 2009 film.
                    Okay.... sorry. SPOILERS: Blob was lame.

Nothing I said was at all important to the story. Which was horrible anyway. It's been four years. Clearly, you don't care much anyway, right?
                    - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

OMG, wasn't anything learnt from the last disaster?
                      Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Okay.... sorry. SPOILERS: Blob was lame.

Nothing I said was at all important to the story. Which was horrible anyway. It's been four years. Clearly, you don't care much anyway, right?
                        Bingo.

Comment

New trailer. Always enjoyed James Mangold's films so looking forward to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=th1NTVIhUQU

Comment

Originally posted by Why One View Post
                            New trailer. Always enjoyed James Mangold's films so looking forward to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=th1NTVIhUQU
                            Looks good. I know it probably won't be, but it looks good.

I like that they reference Jean Grey (and X-Men 3!)

Seems like they always hit this beat in superhero sequels though. Strip him of his powers. Superman 2, Spider-Man 2, X-Men 3

I'm torn. I loved Copland, but I hated X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
                            Think I'll let the critics decide this one for me.
                            - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Wasn't impressed by the trailer but I'll go check this out in the movies anyway just because.
                              One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Working...
                              X