Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking Dead - new season... anybody?

I'm not sure how I feel about the episode. I also watched Talking Dead after with the new showrunner. Hmmm.

SPOILERS .........

The thing with the box store -- it was clearly stated this was not their first visit to the store. You'd think they'd notice zombies on the roof the previous visit. Not to mention a big military helicopter. And I didn't understand the long drawn out thing with the crazy woman in the woods. The cliffhanger was interesting -- someone inside feeding the walkers? Hmmm.

Anyone else?
    Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Re: Walking Dead - new season... anybody?

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the episode. I also watched Talking Dead after with the new showrunner. Hmmm.

SPOILERS .........

The thing with the box store -- it was clearly stated this was not their first visit to the store. You'd think they'd notice zombies on the roof the previous visit. Not to mention a big military helicopter. And I didn't understand the long drawn out thing with the crazy woman in the woods. The cliffhanger was interesting -- someone inside feeding the walkers? Hmmm.

Anyone else?
    I agree but it goes right along with all those previous episodes. I guess when you watch the show you just need to sit back, enjoy, and leave common sense in the bathroom.
    The ending was very interesting.

Comment

Episode was flat.... a bit more on the character beat side than the action/story side of the spectrum.

SPOILERS

I liked the drawn out scene with the woman for the suspense of when the other shoe was gonna drop (cuz you knew something was coming), but I'm not buying that Rick would have just left 2 walkers, being passive, etc,.... not after last season's great episode 'Clear' and the strong message about what happens when you don't kill walkers..... sigh. If that doesn't payoff later in the season, I'll be pissed.

Not sure what you mean about someone feeding walkers from within the camp... the HarryPotter-look-alike..... well, there's gotta be a strong corrolation between him and the bloody-eye walker that was shown a couple times. What disease do we know causes someone to hemmorhage like that? (as an aside, this can't bode well for Daryl, as he was in very close contact with the boy- and that they boy was helping serve food.... yikes).
      Words... they don't arrange themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post

SPOILERS .........

The thing with the box store -- it was clearly stated this was not their first visit to the store. You'd think they'd notice zombies on the roof the previous visit. Not to mention a big military helicopter.

It wasn't their first visit to the compound, but it was their first visit to the store. Last time they came, there were walkers behind the gate, so they got a radio to play music to lure as many of them away as possible. They had never been able to go inside the store before. And even if they had, I don't think they could see the roof from the ground. So I was okay with that.
        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

With the preponderance of shots of the sick, then eventually dead pig, and the fact that 'Harry Potter' was prepping food, me thinks perhaps there's some sort of food born illness thingy going on.

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
            SPOILERS

SPOILERS

With the preponderance of shots of the sick, then eventually dead pig, and the fact that 'Harry Potter' was prepping food, me thinks perhaps there's some sort of food born illness thingy going on.
            I think it might be more of a water thing. First thing we see is Rick splash his face with water from that barrel; last thing we see is HP turn walker in the shower.

Comment

This show always drives me a little nuts, although I have to admit it's gotten better.

SPOILER

You've got an sick pig, but everyone seems to have forgotten that Hershel is a vet?

Comment

Oh - yes, right. That too -- Herschel is a vet but Rick says nothing to him about the pig.

The other thing I mentioned -- you're right, it wasn't in this episode. That was a sneak peak they showed on "Talking Dead" right after the episode.
                Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Could it be viral hemorrhagic fever aka Ebola? That was my first thought after Rick saw that bleeding eyes walker and after HP dropped dead in the shower with bleeding eyes. Didn't he go into the shower in an effort to cool off? And remember he was handling the food, but he shook Daryl's hand after Daryl made a big show of licking his fingers.

According to the World Health Organization, the virus can be transmitted from wild animals to humans. They specifically mention monkeys and pigs as likely carriers of one of the Ebola virus types.

The only question is if it is ebola how would it have gotten to Georgia? I noticed the crazy woman had an accent, did she say anything about where she was from? I missed a couple of minutes.

Comment

Well, could be ebola.... but I think they'll swing it as a mutated swine flu or something similar.....

SPOILER

Right at the beginning, the HP kid was thanking Daryl for the deer and said something to the effect that they hadn't had much in the way of meat lately..... could it be that Daryl found, not killed, the deer? Or that wild animals now have a mutated strain of the walker virus? Though, I wouldn't put it past the writers to flip his character as a result of Merle's death.

I think they said in TD that the woman was Irish? Regardless, she was going somewhere for her honeymoon, not coming from a foreign country, I think.

I know that in the past the creative team has played fast and loose with the time it takes for the dead to turn, but the HP kid was pretty much instant, which is why I think they will put forth that the virus has mutated and accelerated the process..... but that will also give them leeway to introduce smarter or 'hybrid' walkers of some sort.... after all, we've seen a movie and British show turn zombie convention around, and imitation happens.
                    Words... they don't arrange themselves.

Comment

SPOILER

The kid who later turned into a zombie shook Daryl's hand at the start of the episode - they even made kind of a big deal out of it. Then he helped cook breakfast for a whole bunch of extras. Wonder if any of that will come into play later?
                      Patrick Sweeney

Comment

I'm really liking the new feel of this season. It's like looked at what everyone hated and liked about past seasons and said, "okay, no more of that." It's almost like a retcon, but it's really just the show not getting in it's own way.

It's character focused, but the act breaks tend to end on an action beat. There's been a different problem in each episode, but, by current appearances, it's one long story.

I have high hopes for this season.
                        what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

Finally caught up with the first two weeks of the show.

The Army Medic guy seems too obvious to be the saboteur, so who could it be?

I wonder if it could be Carl doing it out of boredom.
                          On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

I'm really impressed with that last episode. The open was tight... In the first six minutes we find someone's got a new ominous hobby, get up to speed on a couple side characters... and then it kicks into a nicely turned piece of suspense that pays off with a gruesome wink at expectations. And as a setup for the punchline. Sweet. Mean, but sweet.

It even pulled off two really emotional scenes very well, which the show has had a problem with. While delivering on the action. I also like how they've rewound America back to damn near the covered wagon era. I've argued that zombies are the new westerns, so I'm happy with that.

If they can keep matching this episode, this is going to be the redemptive season.
                            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                              I'm really impressed with that last episode. The open was tight... In the first six minutes we find someone's got a new ominous hobby, get up to speed on a couple side characters... and then it kicks into a nicely turned piece of suspense that pays off with a gruesome wink at expectations. And as a setup for the punchline. Sweet. Mean, but sweet.

It even pulled off two really emotional scenes very well, which the show has had a problem with. While delivering on the action. I also like how they've rewound America back to damn near the covered wagon era. I've argued that zombies are the new westerns, so I'm happy with that.

If they can keep matching this episode, this is going to be the redemptive season.
                              I agree with all of this.

I like zombies, I like this show, but it still blows my mind when they can make a viewer feel emotional about freaking zombies. That's great writing when they pull it off.
                              On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

Working...
                              X