• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone hear from MXN(Novick)?

Me too please!

Thanks!

Comment

I will hop on as well, can someone PM me this.
      Introduce a little anarchy.

Comment

I started to PM you guys, but more requests kept popping up as I was doing it so I'm just gonna put it on here. It's already on another thread anyway.

mnovickasst at gmail dot com

For those who got passes, how long did it take for a response? I got a read request from Michelle about two weeks ago?
        Struggling with your script? Get Honest Script Notes from a Produced Screenwriter who knows how hard it is to break into the business.

Email [email protected] for more details.

Comment

Took about a month to get my *pass*.

Comment

Originally posted by PaleWriter View Post
            Thanks for the heads-up, Pale... I shot over an e-query yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by PaleWriter View Post
              That's good to hear. Lately I don't get passes anymore. I just never hear back anything, despite my follow up emails.
              Struggling with your script? Get Honest Script Notes from a Produced Screenwriter who knows how hard it is to break into the business.

Email [email protected] for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by humand View Post
                That's good to hear. Lately I don't get passes anymore. I just never hear back anything, despite my follow up emails.
                Yeah, it reminds me something...

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

I didn't even have to punch-em up. They were good at getting back within 30 days.

Comment

Sent a query to him yesterday through Michele.

She replied within a few minutes and asked to see the script.

My question is does anyone know if she reads the script first, then passes it onto Mason if she likes it? Or does she just screen the emails/queries?

Comment

Could someone PM me the contact info?

Comment

They requested my script and passed on it two weeks later. It was requested and passed by his assistant.

Hope that helps

John

Comment

Just got a request from Michelle after querying yesterday.

Is anyone else bothered by section 5 of their release form, and if so, did you make an issue of it?

Comment

Actually, I was hoping someone would bring this up. I also have a problem with Section 5 and some other clauses in the contract.

"I hereby grant to you a non-exclusive right to use the protectible material for any and all purposes, in perpetuity, without any obligation to give any credit to me" Yikes!

And the fact that its a blanket submission form which doesn't include their company name and also states that they have permission to hand your script out to third party individuals, without your knowledge.

I'm holding off on sending my script until I obtain legal advice. It also stated that the contract can not be amended in any way, which is also a concern.

I was excited at first, before I read the fine print. I have a very original idea, which I need to protect and I think we should all do the same.

Bram20

Comment

Thanks--I'm with you. Have you told them you're holding off and why?

Comment

I fixed it and then submitted without ever mentioning it. They passed on my script but invited me to submit again in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X