No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Double Querying Works?

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    6 months is too much -- I queried a week, 2 weeks, a month later and turned nos into yes... Just right now I got a producer to read a script. I queried them 11 days ago... nothing... I tried today and I got "great, please send it."

So don't send 10 queries in 10 days... but trying more than once, makes sense. Sometimes they just miss it. If your email came in with 100 others, you might just have been ignored that day.

And yes -- I've gotten "no thanks" a few times on a 2nd query. Maybe to shut me up.
    Thanks Bono, really glad you posted. The innuendos were fun, but I really wanted to know how other people felt and what their experiences have been.

Sounds like you've actually had some success from it, and that's exactly what i wanted to hear......but anyone should post, even if they havent had success.....i'm just wondering how others feel. blah blah blah

Thanks again!

Comment

I used to send to the same place/person/company several times. My reasons for this --

1. Most of the time some sort of an assistant from one company responds to my query and says, "no, thanks not for me!" The next week, that same assistant may be gone or fired or let go. Then a new assistant comes in and says, "yes, please send it!"

2. Or, an assistant from that same company may say, "no, not for me!" Then the company who employs the assistant may undercut his/her employee's decision and say, "yes, send it to me!"

3. Trends change in Hollywood all the time. One month action genre would be a big thing, then the next month it would be fantasy or whatever. One of my action script may not get picked up right now because fantasy is the hot thing. So I may have to try again months later.

4. Company restructuring. When things change, interests and preferences change also.

5. Inbox may be full. Sometimes I got the feeling that my query letters went to the bottom of a huge list of other query letters waiting to be read. Imagine 250 query letters waiting inbox and yours comes in at 214. There's no way anybody would shuffle thorough every single query letter. The top few would most likely be read and the rest would be discarded. So I kept sending and hoping that my query would reach the top.

6. Because I can.

7. Many other small reasons ...

Comment

Originally posted by Trojan Horse View Post
        I used to send to the same place/person/company several times. My reasons for this --

1. Most of the time some sort of an assistant from one company responds to my query and says, "no, thanks not for me!" The next week, that same assistant may be gone or fired or let go. Then a new assistant comes in and says, "yes, please send it!"

2. Or, an assistant from that same company may say, "no, not for me!" Then the company who employs the assistant may undercut his/her employee's decision and say, "yes, send it to me!"

3. Trends change in Hollywood all the time. One month action genre would be a big thing, then the next month it would be fantasy or whatever. One of my action script may not get picked up right now because fantasy is the hot thing. So I may have to try again months later.

4. Company restructuring. When things change, interests and preferences change also.

5. Inbox may be full. Sometimes I got the feeling that my query letters went to the bottom of a huge list of other query letters waiting to be read. Imagine 250 query letters waiting inbox and yours comes in at 214. There's no way anybody would shuffle thorough every single query letter. The top few would most likely be read and the rest would be discarded. So I kept sending and hoping that my query would reach the top.

6. Because I can.

7. Many other small reasons ...

Hey, thanks for the breakdown. I guess I always thought "NO" meant "NO." But I see what you mean, and now I'm pretty sure it means "yes."

Also, with trends/assistants changing, i think #'s 2&3 are also worth assuming.

Thanks again.

Anyone else want to share their experiences?

Comment

Working...
        X