No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ninja Assassin

Originally posted by nathanq
    They're actually making a live action adaptation of that Anime with Leo Decaprio producing.
    And so Hollywood ruins another foreign masterpiece...

Although, I do think a live action adaption of Cowboy Bebop could be something special.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq
      If you're angry about that, you'd better not hear about the "Akira" remake under the helm of the Hughes Brothers.
      Thanks for reminding me, I thought I had finally buried my disgust over it for good, but I guess not.

Lets see what else is Hollywood is going to ruin:

Death Note
      Ghost In The Shell (Although, the Matrix already stole half the visuals)
      Battle Angel

And so on...

Comment

Originally posted by gravitas View Post
        Ninja Scroll is truly awesome.
        i'm hoping leonardo dicaprio doesnt let anybody screw this project up...they got the writer from The Watchmen attached which isnt saying much but the director will bne the key to making this better than the cartoon.

ninja scroll i think is the best ninja story/flick to date now that i think about it.
        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Back to Ninja Assassin for a second, because I also just saw it recently...

The back story just went on for frickin ever. And then when they finally got around to telling the now story, there wasn't really anything there. The fighting was pretty good.

I've always been a fan of ninja movies, but I still have yet to see anything come close to the classic Revenge Of The Ninja (1983). This movie set the bar.

Also, it was nice to see Sho Kosugi again, as he was in Ninja Assassin as well.
          Screenwriting is like stripping. You don't just dump your clothes on the floor. You tease as you go. And then you get screwed in a back room for money. - Craig Mazin

Comment

It's amazing how Eric Lustbader's "The Ninja" is still in development hell. I can't even remember the book, but the thing was set-up in the early eighties with John Carpenter attached to it. It's been around THAT long....
            @MacBullitt

Comment

watching it right now. five minutes into it actually. and already the blood effects SUCK. its soooo obviously fake like they didnt put enough light sources when creating it. there have been so many other instances of great blood (eg pineapple express at the last shootout; bet you didnt even know didja) and this is just as bad as blood the last vampire but with a bigger budget, it has no reason to be this crappy.

side note, it opens in japan but why are all the guys speaking english and why are they all chinese/korean americans? horrible way to introduce credibility in the movie. i think audiences are fine with at least two minutes of subtitles. give em some credit geez.

and then an african american woman works at europol? the accents/ethnicities are all messed up in this movie.

Comment

lol if you're already posting here 5 mins into the movie then i have a feeling you won't last long
                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
                  and then an african american woman works at europol? the accents/ethnicities are all messed up in this movie.
                  She's actually a Brit. Played Selena in 28 DAYS LATER and Tia in the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Why One View Post
                    She's actually a Brit. Played Selena in 28 DAYS LATER and Tia in the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN movies.
                    oh didnt know she's a brit but anyway her character has an american accent. shoulda stuck with her native tongue.

worst transition in a movie ever: as he walks down a street, he sees a rickety plank on the road which reminds him of... -> cut to a girl trimming bonsai trees. how on earth does that make any logical sense?
                    Last edited by lordmanji; 03-26-2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Poor Rain. The guy trained super-hard for this role. I have to remember to rent this movie.
                      "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                      ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Oh man, I had to bump this thread just to remind everyone how CRAP this film was.
                        Sorry, but a neighbour just rented it and it sparked a sour flame.
                        Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Working...
                        X