Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
scripto80

Default Re: How To Get a Producer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by growingpains View Post
By losing control of the project, I meant taking a check for my script and walking away. I want to be directly involved in the project so everything I written in the script translates correctly from the page to the stage. Money is not my concern.

I know the obvious routes you mentioned, but it's still like writing to Santa Claus most of the time. I just wanted to know if there's a place I could find a producer looking for work, rather than the writer cold calling people.
Ultimate control is unlikely unless you're funding the film yourself. You have to understand that money = power, so those who have money and/or those who can secure the money for your movie will have the final say. Do your part to earn the title of producer (by landing talent or directorial attachments, getting interest from possible investors, etc) and then try to pair up with producer who's open to working as a true team, and then you'll likely be allowed to have significant input. But don't expect to have the final say. Also remember, the director will have a lot of creative input and control as well, and you have to let them do their thing otherwise they won't want to be a part of the project.

p.s. Any producer who's sitting around on a "seeking work" list isn't a producer you want to work with.
scripto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
carcar

Default Re: How To Get a Producer?

If you're in Los Angeles, you might check out Film Independent.
carcar is offline   Reply With Quote