Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Webisodes

I'm going to shoot what amounts to a "webisode". But instead of it being aimed for the web my writing partner and I are hoping this would lead to managers, producers, etc liking it and asking for our tv script. Since we don't have credits to our name the hope is that watching a 3-4 minute scene or cold open for our show would be a lot easier to ask of someone as opposed to reading a 35 page script. I know Shawn Wines recently got a deal at Fox for a short he did called "Upstairs". I know Shawn had other great stuff, but this is what led me to think that doing a short would be a decent route to go. Would love thoughts...

Comment

Having just done a pilot webisode, I recommend you do a kickass 5-10 minute short that you'd consider the 'webisode' pilot of your project so that you could potentially attract interest that way (and even do more episodes yourself) while at the same time writing a more traditional scripted pilot and referring people you hope will read it to your produced pilot online.

Watch my webisode pilot at: http://youtu.be/q2M9-ReVEoE

Share with your friends!

Comment

My one foray into the webisode business fell apart due to many factors. Mostly, I bit off more than a no-budget loose production could chew. It was to be four 6 minute episodes of a teen vampire redneck thing. Complications soon ensued. In the end, the camera guy never even delivered any usable footage after our five or six filming sessions. I couldn't even cut a trailer out of it. Not sure if the footage was recoverable or not.

I would prefer the short and sweet route in the future, rather than trying to get a whole half-hour of television produced at one time with no resources.

Webisodes I liked were Date a Human and I was somewhat intrigued by the disturbing, and well-budgeted, Angel of Death. The Guild was okay. Also The Crew, and Video Game Reunion.
        Hell of a Deal -- Political Film Blog

Comment

I love David Wain's Wainy Days.

Comment

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way but I am planning on shooting a 5 minute scene from a sitcom pilot in which the sole purpose is to get people to read the script. I'm sure people out there realize how hard it is to get someone of note to read a newbie's script. So I am going in with the assumption it's a lot easier to get someone to look at a 5 minute clip on their computer. The hope is that this will entice them to ask for the script.

Comment

Working...
            X