Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suckerpunched

I just want to know, at what point (for the masochists out there that watched this thing) did you know in your heart it would be one of the worst movies you'd ever seen?

For me it was actually about 90 seconds in, when they played a cover of a Pixies song done by some awful band that turned it into elevator muzak.

This movie was thirty two kinds of awful. Just staggeringly bad. Perhaps even worse than Julie and Julia.

Re: Suckerpunched

Yeah it was rough.

I actually got into an argument afterward with the chick I saw it with (at the theater!) who was trying to say it was "okay" because the "special effects were cool."

Sure I like 'em relatively young and relatively dumb but she just took it too far with that comment. Not on my watch, kitten.

How does a script like that even get greenlit? Is it just a question of Snyder being able to do whatever he wanted to do? It was so bad it was mind boggling.
    "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Worst movie I've seen so far this year. Just excruciatingly juvenile. And every musical cue was terrible.

I'll still give Snyder's upcoming projects the benefit of the doubt, though. Just keep him away from Final Draft.

Comment

I'd be a great youtube bit to "re-edit" this movie and take out all the "dancing universe" stuff... so literally she jumps on tables \ stage \ whatever , bobs back in forth off time to the music for a few seconds then everyone claps and tells her what a dancing genius she is.

Comment

Actually saw this last weekend. There's a reason I waited for it on Netflix, and I don't regret that choice for a second. I used to think Michael Bay was the epitome of the "don't think about it, just watch the pretty pictures as things go boom" cinema movement... but I think a challenger has appeared.

Comment

Snyder needs to pick projects with better writers. IMO, Dawn of the Dead was still his best work. 300 was an overwrought narrative mess despite the purty visuals. Watchmen was a cut and paste recreation of the comic book. Now he's reached his nadir with Suckerpunch, a movie that had absolutely no stakes.

Comment

Well, I cvnted this off in the other thread, but not enough, and Snyder still needs a slap!

It's Manji bringing up 300 that really p*ssed me off. The comic was a picturised version of 300 Spartans (even had the same quotes - now WTF?!), but the pointless inclusion of the king's missis, only to then have her dishonour him was so CRAP, that if I saw the screenwriter, I'd spit on him.

Some people need to get a fvcking clue.

(Apologies for migraine-induced anger... maybe I should go back to bed now?)
              Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

I've since tried to rid myself of having seen that POS (worst movie of the year thus far for sure), so my memory is fuzzy. But it was definitely during the opening montage. The music, the melodrama...ugh. A terrible movie in every way.

Comment

Well, there's a reason Snyder called it Suckerpunch, and it wasn't because it was a catchy title.

Best movie I've seen this year. I didn't agree with a lot of the narrative choices, but then it wasn't my story (the headspace I've been working on lately is to put my this-is-what-I-woulda-done aside and just let the storyteller tell the story).

I think Suckerpunch was a baffling but exhilarating example of a filmmaker telling a story he wants to tell, without a studio getting in the way (there's a neat little monologue about a half-hour in where a character essentially breaks the fourth wall to address this).

So sure, there was a lot of really odd choices being made, but a lot of the fun of the film (in my opinion) is deconstructing those choices and figuring out why Snyder made them.

If nothing else, I respect Snyder for taking 80 million dollars, dumping the pile in front of the studio and setting the whole damn' thing on fire.
                  "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

WHOA! WHOA!What's with the hate for 300? Yes it didn't have the greatest story. But that was a kickass action movie. Gerard Butler was a badass in it.

The visuals were awesome and fresh. let's be serious everyone's been trying to copy Zack Snyder's style from 300. I thought it was real cool. Now the WATCHMEN....

I have hope for Superman, because Jonathan Nolan just got brought on for the rewrite and Christopher Nolan is looking over the shoulder of the project. One thing I know, Snyder will make sure it's not boring like the last Superman.

Comment

I saw Snyder's name, a teenage girl and dragons in the trailer.

If that was not enough to persuade you from wasting $11, then I do not believe I am medically capable of providing the help that you need.
                      Last edited by Biohazard; 08-02-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I can see that. I was the same with the trailer for Ratatouille...

I mean, a rat with a human face in the kitchen cooking the food. WTF?

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                          I can see that. I was the same with the trailer for Ratatouille...

I mean, a rat with a human face in the kitchen cooking the food. WTF?
                          Yeah, Pixar totally blows. They don't know sh_t! What a terrible track record they have!

Comment

Guess I lobbed that one so far over your head that you didn't even have to duck.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                              Guess I lobbed that one so far over your head that you didn't even have to duck.
                              Lol, guess you can call it a sucker punch!

Can you?

Comment

Working...
                              X