Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 HeartWalk:Get Read by Benderspink & Fight Heart Disease & Stroke

It's that time of year again, folks. The 2013 South Sound Heart & Stroke Walk is scheduled to take place on October 5th, 2013 and Daniel Vang and I are back to support the American Heart Association's great cause.

We've done this for a few years now and several writers who got their scripts in front of Dan and Benderspink via our charity drive have obtained representation, including one writing team from last year.

I've written a detailed post on my American Heart Association donation page that explains exactly how it works and hopefully will answer any questions you may have.

The link to my donation page is here...

http://heartwalk.kintera.org/piercecountywa/joenienalt

If you have any additional questions after reading the donation page, please PM me here or send me an email. My email is listed on my donation page linked above.

Last year we raised around $45,000 with every dollar going directly to the American Heart Association to fight heart disease and stroke. This year we're hoping to raise the bar and bring it up to 50K.

We can't do it without you.

Thanks in advance for your charitable spirit and support.
    "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Re: 2013 HeartWalk:Get Read by Benderspink & Fight Heart Disease & Stroke

Bump.
    TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Joe,

Are you able to tell us approximately how many people submitted their scripts to Daniel? Based on your totals last year, I can get a sense of how many people donated; However, I assume that like me, not everyone who donated submitted a script.

Comment

I don't know how many people submitted scripts. A lot? I don't think there were tons of people who donated and didn't submit anything but there were a few.

Figure we raised $45,000 with people donating mostly either $25, $50 or $100 a pop so that's a lot of scripts.

One writing team was signed by Benderspink and many writers earned open doors to submit future work to Daniel.
        "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Definitely take advantage of this if you're considering it. Dan promptly read my script last year, gave me one line of feedback and then left the door open for further submissions... which I took advantage of.

Both Dan and Joe have been great to deal with.

Comment

As soon as I have spare money I'll throw a donation in. A worthy cause worth supporting.

Comment

Thanks for the support and kind words. Just want to make clear that feedback isn't part of the deal. We tried that two years ago and it was overwhelming for Dan. In exchange for your donation, he'll consider you for representation and if he wants to represent you I'm sure you'll get tons of feedback from him. Thanks again for all your support.

Comment

$6,000, as of today. Great!
                TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Do you accept comedy pilots? I did this a few years ago with a comedy pilot but never heard anything, which meant in my head an automatic no. Either way, comedy pilots? May give it a try again.

Comment

Did this last year. It's a good thing to do. There is no downside.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
                      Did this last year. It's a good thing to do. There is no downside.
                      Agree.

Comment

I sent in a donation. At the very least maybe we can advance research a little further down the road.

Comment

Lache, if you submitted before and never heard back then email me so I can follow up on that submission. The only guarantee here is you WILL hear back one way or another so if you didn't - I need to look into it. And yes, Dan will consider comedies of all types along with every other genre, too.

Comment

Joe, is Dan willing to read TV Pilots?

Late Night Writer

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                              X