No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nicholl comments

Originally posted by Hernan Giaggio View Post
    When I was a semifinalist, I paid for the notes because I knew there would be several. I got 7 sets of notes. A few were duds, but most were quite helpful.

I don't think I would do it unless I was a semifinalist, though, because that means that the person probably got your script and could potentially unlock a reason it's good but not great (in their eyes).

This is a good point, actually.
    So, I'll modify by earlier stance. Don't pay for the notes unless you make QF or higher and know you'll give 5+ sets of notes.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
      This is a good point, actually.
      So, I'll modify by earlier stance. Don't pay for the notes unless you make QF or higher and know you'll give 5+ sets of notes.

But don't you want to know where your strengths and weaknesses are. I got into the top 20%. So, I would like to know where I went wrong in terms of not being a quarterfinalist.
      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Somewhat looking forward to the day when A.I. and O.C.R. are able to objectively groom a screenplay for its merits and faults. It would at least be an unbiased result (as long as the algorithms are written to be that way).
        “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
          Somewhat looking forward to the day when A.I. and O.C.R. are able to objectively groom a screenplay for its merits and faults. It would at least be an unbiased result (as long as the algorithms are written to be that way).
          When we get there, the AI will be writing the scripts.

# sodo marvelmovie
          # access save/the/cat
          # sodo midpoint/twist
          # happyending Y
          # runscript format/FDwarnerbros

Comment

Working...
          X