Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOYA - another Scriptshadow AF writer sells his script

While people here were ass-kissing and talking about the morality of sharing scripts with aspiring writers, another Scriptshadow writer sold a script within a year of ending up on AF.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/bon-...pec-in-cannes/

Keeping Time:

This is when he got signed:

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...=Nathan+Zoeble

That's the second writer to sell (within two years).

Third of four writers to get signed (1 year).

Re: BOOYA - another Scriptshadow AF writer sells his script

What does this prove, exactly?

And it wasn't a sale. It's an option. Still good, but very different.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post
      What does this prove, exactly?

And it wasn't a sale. It's an option. Still good, but very different.
      It proves that trolling works.

Comment

^ Works on me, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
          While people here were ass-kissing and talking about the morality of sharing scripts with aspiring writers, another Scriptshadow writer sold a script within a year of ending up on AF.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/bon-...pec-in-cannes/

Keeping Time:

This is when he got signed:

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...=Nathan+Zoeble

That's the second writer to sell (within two years).

Third of four writers to get signed (1 year).
          Grats for the writer. It's a great script. But what exactly do you mean by "another Scriptshadow writer?" Carson read and reviewed the script on his Blog. Nothing wrong with that at all. But it had nothing to do with it selling in Cannes.
          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Good for him. I really liked that script. It's slight, so I was glad Carson recognized how good it was. I kept picturing Steven Merchant as the lead.
            "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
            - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
              Grats for the writer. It's a great script. But what exactly do you mean by "another Scriptshadow writer?" Carson read and reviewed the script on his Blog. Nothing wrong with that at all. But it had nothing to do with it selling in Cannes.
              Scripthadow isn't just a blog, it's a community. Like saying a Done Deal writer sold a script.

Plus he got signed because of AF and that signing to WME led to a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                Scripthadow isn't just a blog, it's a community. Like saying a Done Deal writer sold a script.
                Yeah, but no one from Done Deal takes credit for "discovering" the writer.

Comment

Chief,

He got signed because of the quality of his script, not because it was featured in Amateur Friday at Scriptshadow.

By the way, do you go to Scriptshadow to post that a member of Done Deal has sold a script or got signed? Do you also say "BOOYA"?

I mean, seriously, just look at the first sentence of the OP: "While people here were ass-kissing and..."

I see you've taken a page from Scriptshadow's Book of Etiquette and Good Manners. Look at the review he did of Hangover 3: http://scriptshadow.net/movie-review-hangover-3/

"Atrocity". "These humor rapists" (in reference to Mazin and Phillips). "Are you that stupid?" (again, in reference to Mazin and Phillips). "The writing sucked". Verdict: "Trash".
                  Last edited by ; 05-31-2013, 05:23 AM.

Comment

It's an option to a two-person prodco. whose last credit, at least according to IMDB, is from 1958. Can that be right? Anyway...just calling it what it is. Still happy for the writer...

Comment

Do we really need another debate about how helpful or not helpful Scriptshadow was in getting this guy signed? Good for the author for writing a good script. Good for Carson for recognizing and championing a good script. Writers seem to benefit, in varying degrees, from both these sites. This is all good for everyone. I don't know why the OP needs to stir the pot and gloat like he had anything to do with it.
                      Last edited by gridlock'd; 05-31-2013, 10:47 AM.
                      "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                      - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock'd View Post
                        Do we really need another debate about how helpful or not helpful Scriptshadow was in getting this guy signed? Good for the author for writing a good script. Good for Carson for recognizing and championing a good script. Writers seem to benefit, in varying degrees, from both these sites. This is all good for everyone. I don't know why the OP needs to gloat like he had anything to do with it.
                        Damn you with your calm, well-reasoned, rational logic. We want blood!

I didn't disappear from DD for a few months just to come back to this lefty, liberal, play-nice BS. I want pitch forks and crucifixions or I'm leaving.

That said, ahem, I liked this script when I first read it (as I said a while back in the other thread). The dialogue needs work, but the premise and execution on it is great. I'm a sucker for a well told cause-and-effect time travel story.

I've never heard of the prodco/producers, but that means nothing. Companies spring up all the time with powerful investors and known industry powerhouses behind them. Just because their portfolio might be scant, it's no indication of anything.

So good luck to the writer. I hope everything goes decidedly non-Jane-Got-A-Gun and we see this movie in the theaters.

It deserves it if only for an AWESOME last line of dialogue.
                        Last edited by Harbinger; 05-31-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                          I've never heard of the prodco/producers, but that means nothing. Companies spring up all the time with powerful investors and known industry powerhouses behind them. Just because their portfolio might be scant, it's no indication of anything.
                          This is definitely true...

Crap, now I'm sounding too diplomatic/liberal

Comment

I thought Scriptshadow had died already.

The point being the indivdual made a sale (option even), not the site.

Comment

Anybody else get all nipply to read that there's a "Miss Scriptshadow"?

Comment

Working...
                              X