Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Movies & Television > Films
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #221
sc111

Default Re: Oh Dog, here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by entlassen View Post
No, it's not real culture. Just like the 80s hair metal scene was not real culture. Unless you think Rock of Ages should be performed at the Bolshoi....

Your knowledge of Black Culture in any era is severely lacking however par for the course considering your Rush Limbaugh tone gushing with indignation at the erosion of what should be your birthright as a mighty white man. But even Rush admitted his outrage against a Black 007 sounds racist. Not you. You're still trying to justify your pretzel logic when anyone can see it's not about Bond.

You have no desire for true discussion because each time someone tries to reasonably address a point you've made, you throw up another straw man, "Explain the Dutch in Africa! Explain the price of hair gel in Minnesota!"

I once read somewhere that your particular type of racism (i.e. the belief that your racist opinions are intellectually sound and supported by facts) is actually a mental disorder. At the time, I laughed. But as I read your thinly-veiled racist posts I'm considering it may be true.

Last edited by sc111 : 01-07-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #222
entlassen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc111 View Post
Your knowledge of Black Culture in any era is severely lacking however par for the course considering your Rush Limbaugh tone gushing with indignation at the erosion of what should be your birthright as a mighty white man. But even Rush admitted his outrage against a Black 007 sounds racist. Not you. You're still trying to justify your pretzel logic when anyone can see it's not about Bond.

You have no desire for true discussion because each time someone tries to reasonably address a point you've made, you throw up another straw man, "Explain the Dutch in Africa! Explain the price of hair gel in Minnesota!"

I once read somewhere that your particular type of racism (i.e. the belief that your racist opinions are intellectually sound and supported by facts) is actually a mental disorder. At the time, I laughed. But as I read your thinly-veiled racist posts I'm considering it may be true.
lol.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #223
UnequalProductions

This is a teachable moment for writers out there. Are you looking to create villains that will make your reader's blood boil? Carefully go back and watch how Entlassen works in his statements.

#1 - Ignore rational arguments and only respond to the select details that you can think up with come backs. If you spend 20-odd pages of a comment section asking about a white Shaft and someone writes a response to it, just ignore it. If you don't comment, that argument against you doesn't exist.

#2 - Keep belittling the people who you are debating against instead of putting up a reasonable reply. Or better yet, just put "lol" instead of actually responding to anyone.

#3 - Present your personal bigotry as fact. Don't like black people. Than state as a fact that their culture isn't real culture. A movie where black people get killed would never be made because you don't think so.

#4 - Use completely unrelated comparisons to back up said theories. An entire race of people's lives and experiences are exactly the same as a music movement you didn't like.

#5 - Make yourself the victim. Arguing that a black person shouldn't be James Bond is exactly like the struggles of Jews in the Holocaust or Gays any time in history.

If you follow these 5 simple rules, you'll create villains your audience truly hates, and it will help you sell your scripts for big money*

*Void if any of your main characters are not white males.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #224
entlassen

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnequalProductions View Post
#1 - Ignore rational arguments
Your arguments are not based on reason, but rather on perspectives you perceive as socially-acceptable.

Quote:
and only respond to the select details that you can think up with come backs.
Which details have I not responded to?

Quote:
If you spend 20-odd pages of a comment section asking about a white Shaft and someone writes a response to it, just ignore it.
I haven't ignored anything. It's you who have continually ignored my points, and when you don't ignore them you simply repeat what you said previously, or scream "racist," and then claim that I didn't respond to you... kind of like what you're doing now.

Quote:
If you don't comment, that argument against you doesn't exist.
How can an argument not exist? Any argument made exists; whether it's backed up or not is a different issue. Maybe that's what you meant.

Quote:
#2 - Keep belittling the people who you are debating against
It's hard not to belittle some people.

Quote:
instead of putting up a reasonable reply.
I've offered pages of reasonable replies. All you do is offer double standards and accusations of "racism" as if you were an MSNBC pundit.

Quote:
Or better yet, just put "lol" instead of actually responding to anyone.
lol is a response. It's just a response you don't like.

Quote:
#3 - Present your personal bigotry as fact.
I never did that. If so, where?

Quote:
Don't like black people.
Nor did I ever state or even insinuate that.

Quote:
Than state as a fact that their culture isn't real culture.
Nor did I ever state that.

Quote:
#4 - Use completely unrelated comparisons to back up said theories.
What theories?

Quote:
An entire race of people's lives and experiences are exactly the same as a music movement you didn't like.
Where did I ever suggest that?

Quote:
#5 - Make yourself the victim.
Where did I make myself a victim?

Quote:
Arguing that a black person shouldn't be James Bond is exactly like the struggles of Jews in the Holocaust or Gays any time in history.
Apparently it went over your heard that I did that to mock your perspective, not affirm it.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:09 PM   #225
billmarq
Administrator

This thread has run its course and now is nothing but exchanging insults.

I probably should have ended this a long time ago.

By the way, if anyone actually reads the Bond novels, he will learn that the fictional Bond himself had racist notions, for instance the time when he was relieved that the girl he was admiring on the beach had a tan and was not black. I believe that was in Dr. No.

That is not necessarily relevant to the discussion, er - argument, but I thought i would toss that out in closing.