Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dark Knight

Oh, dear me. There wouldn't be a riddle within The Dark Knight's viral marketing campaign ads would there? Mike Engel-Mike Engel...what exactly were you and the Joker up to during your so-called kidnapping?

The Dark Knight has three fairly significant plot holes, as discussed earlier. What would you say if I told you that the three plot holes actually present Clue 1, Clue 2, and Clue 3 to a riddle? What would you say if I told you the answer to that riddle was the forthcoming tag phrase for the sequel to The Dark Knight's "why so serious?" tag? Would you call me crazy?

The version we saw in theaters isn't the full version of The Dark Knight. At least, I don't think so. I think those plot holes are there as a blatant kickstarter to the viral marketing campaign for the next film, and as such, will be restored to the DVD version of the film, jetsetting the public's curiosity towards the next film. Would you still call me crazy?

What about our pal, Mike Engel(Anthony Michael Hall). What's he got to do with this besides getting kidnapped by the Joker, and rescued by Batman? Oh, Mike Engel, what were you and the Joker planning during your so-called kidnapping? That's me being silly there...just speculating on something I just came to realize. Mike Engel, you remember good 'ol Mike Engel of GOTHAM CABLE NEWS' Gotham Tonight

Engel. En-gel. An-gel. No, Angel! Of course, Engel is German for Angel. Mike Angel. Michael. Michael Angel. Yes. Michael Angel-o. Michael Angelo...uh-oh...I'm working it now: Michelangelo!!!

Art. Work. Da Vinci. Arch-rivals. Renaissance Man. Painter...no...Architect...no...Sculpture...no...W orks. Works. Statue of David. No. Painting. Yes.The Last Judgement!!!

Michael. Michael Engel. Michael Angel. No...Yes. Anagram. Michael Angel...ah...I found something. What would you say if I told you an anagram for the name Michael Angel is............

"CALL HE ENIGMA"

Anthony Michael Hall, you Prince of Puzzlers!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac View Post
      Oh, dear me. There wouldn't be a riddle within The Dark Knight's viral marketing campaign ads would there? Mike Engel-Mike Engel...what exactly were you and the Joker up to during your so-called kidnapping?

The Dark Knight has three fairly significant plot holes, as discussed earlier. What would you say if I told you that the three plot holes actually present Clue 1, Clue 2, and Clue 3 to a riddle? What would you say if I told you the answer to that riddle was the forthcoming tag phrase for the sequel to The Dark Knight's "why so serious?" tag? Would you call me crazy?

The version we saw in theaters isn't the full version of The Dark Knight. At least, I don't think so. I think those plot holes are there as a blatant kickstarter to the viral marketing campaign for the next film, and as such, will be restored to the DVD version of the film, jetsetting the public's curiosity towards the next film. Would you still call me crazy?

What about our pal, Mike Engel(Anthony Michael Hall). What's he got to do with this besides getting kidnapped by the Joker, and rescued by Batman? Oh, Mike Engel, what were you and the Joker planning during your so-called kidnapping? That's me being silly there...just speculating on something I just came to realize. Mike Engel, you remember good 'ol Mike Engel of GOTHAM CABLE NEWS' Gotham Tonight

Engel. En-gel. An-gel. No, Angel! Of course, Engel is German for Angel. Mike Angel. Michael. Michael Angel. Yes. Michael Angel-o. Michael Angelo...uh-oh...I'm working it now: Michelangelo!!!

Art. Work. Da Vinci. Arch-rivals. Renaissance Man. Painter...no...Architect...no...Sculpture...no...W orks. Works. Statue of David. No. Painting. The Last Judgement!!!

Michael. Michael Engel. Michael Angel. No...Yes. Anagram. Michael Angel...ah...I found something. What would you say if I told you an anagram for the name Michael Angel is............

"CALL HE ENIGMA"

that's pretty insightful
      Script List

Comment

I'm not sure about the plot holes yet.

Watch his GOTHAM TONIGHT episodes again...there should be some more clues in them:

http://www.gothamcablenews.com/
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure about the plot holes yet.

Watch his GOTHAM TONIGHT episodes again...there should be some more clues in them:

http://www.gothamcablenews.com/
          what plot holes? I didn't notice any.

also, in his news show with harvey dent. Engel is very precise in his wording, just like the riddler would be.

theres the gotham times riddle:

Herrings are red
          Corpes are blue
          You’re on the right track
          But you don’t have a clue

and the letter from edward nashton:

“Dent Cannot Be Believed”

So now Assistant District Attorney Harvey Dent pretends to turn upside-down the city, speaking of truth, justice and so on. Should we believe him? I think not. The more he’s posing as a man of justice, the more it means he is corrupted like every powerful man in the city.

Right now Dent seems different from the others, but that is only part of the game, so he can get power by the fools who support him. A man who comes in the darkest moments to save the situation exists only in fables; in real life, people like that have always had other (bad) intentions.

Edward Nashton
          Granton Beach
          Last edited by uwill1der; 07-18-2008, 10:54 PM.
          Script List

Comment

thought the film more than lived up to the hype. Well done.

I would personally like to see BANE as a the next villain, but not a campy Bane like in Batman & Robin, and certainly NOT a BANE wearing that lame dominatrix outfit.

Comment

One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Just unbelievable.
              For more of my thoughts on screenwriting, check out my blog.
              Jonny Atlas Writes!

- Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Comment

Art. Work. Da Vinci. Arch-rivals. Renaissance Man. Painter...no...Architect...no...Sculpture...no...W orks. Works. Statue of David. No. Painting. Yes.The Last Judgement!!!

"CALL HE ENIGMA"

You have waaaay too much time on your hands.

Comment

$66.4 million Friday.

Biggest single opening day record. Beating that piece of sh*t film Spiderman 3.
                  Last edited by doubler83; 07-19-2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I think actor Robert Knepper - he plays T-Bag in tv's Prison Break - could be a worthy replacement as the Joker in a future Batman movie. He can certainly act with demonic glee and - as this image shows - he certainly looks the part:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1...aughingad3.jpg

Comment

I think Andy Dick, in his latest mug shot, was submitting his claim for the next Joker role.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2008/07/16/a...ng-restaurant/

Comment

Damn. The hell with the Joker. He could win an Oscar playing Heath's seven month corpse.
                        "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                        - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by uwill1der View Post
                          that's pretty insightful
                          insightful wouldn't be the word I'd use...

Comment

The Dark Knight has three fairly significant plot holes, as discussed earlier. What would you say if I told you that the three plot holes actually present Clue 1, Clue 2, and Clue 3 to a riddle?

(...)

Art. Work. Da Vinci. Arch-rivals. Renaissance Man. Painter...no...Architect...no...Sculpture...no...W orks. Works. Statue of David. No. Painting. Yes. The Last Judgement!!!

"CALL HE ENIGMA"
                            I heard Dan Brown will be co-producing the next Batman movie, and Tom Hanks will play Robin and help Batman solve the Da Vinci Code!
                            Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

Sometimes a banana is just a banana.
                              The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Fantastic movie!

Yeah, what plot holes?

If the Joker doesn't plan chaos, then what was up with the bombs on the two ferry ships and the hostages in the building? I thought maybe that took a lot of planning and time to set up...

Comment

Working...
                                X