No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Following on Fox

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post
    I meant in that aspect of those who are on payroll for the following should it get cancelled, they won't get paid...as much. therefore, their lively hood has been affected.
    'Livelihood'

Comment

maybe the crew just lives in a really lively hood (like Eagle Rock or Highland Park)

Comment

Engle hood, I mean englewood.
        • Go and do likewise gents..

Comment

I love this show.

Are the Poe references a bit cheese ball? Sure. But Williamson does a good job here. Or maybe I just like Kevin Bacon in everything.

Or maybe I think black skinny ties are cool.

Who knows? Too dark for TV? I don't think so.

I'm hoping it stays.

Just casting my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post
            well this is great, credible information, its 2 episodes in so far.., the premiere garnered a 3.2 rating (#9) , which to me, with all the hype, press, marketing, to come in just under the top 10 18-49, I don't think fox is happy with that. Now, they spin they are up a click and "beat the week 2 slump"..but overall, the rating is still low or perhaps didn't meet expectations. That is my view of this and the angle. This is from the same story:

In total viewers, The Following (10 million), dipped 4% from the opener.
            4% 2nd week drop from the premiere is an exceptional performance. It signals excellent word of mouth.

I'm not familiar with the show. I haven't read the reviews, and haven't heard any audience comments beyond this thread.

But that number is great. Very good news for the show.

Comment

I am still with it, and I really love it. It is dark, twisted and perverted. Perfect family viewing.
              http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

I can't believe that, as writers, nobody has pointed out the obvious reason to not watch this show....

It's a blatant ripoff of the 'Red John' story arc from 'The Mentalist'! Serial killer that evicerates his victims has a following and such... this show trades the smiley face for eyes, and Blake for Poe....

This show is the reverse- follow the one to find the many- booooring!
                Words... they don't arrange themselves.

Comment

My main concern has been realized thus far: Too dark and too light at the same time.

It's the wrong studio for this type of story.

There's been more violence than I can recall on most network shows, less than I recall for most cable shows. But the feel of the show is what fvcks it all up.

A prime example: the faux gay couple. Extremely poor casting. Does anyone buy that this "kind" of guy would fall for this charismatic serial killer? It's basically an Ambercrombie ad mixed with The Killing.

The Killing feel keeps me watching. The Abercrombie feel keeps me cringing.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post
                    My main concern has been realized thus far: Too dark and too light at the same time.

It's the wrong studio for this type of story.

There's been more violence than I can recall on most network shows, less than I recall for most cable shows. But the feel of the show is what fvcks it all up.

A prime example: the faux gay couple. Extremely poor casting. Does anyone buy that this "kind" of guy would fall for this charismatic serial killer? It's basically an Ambercrombie ad mixed with The Killing.

The Killing feel keeps me watching. The Abercrombie feel keeps me cringing.

Since he's gay, creator Kevin Williamson added that element, which works for me, because it adds tension within Carroll's cult. They're so nuts, they break the rules.
                    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
                      I can't believe that, as writers, nobody has pointed out the obvious reason to not watch this show....

It's a blatant ripoff of the 'Red John' story arc from 'The Mentalist'! Serial killer that evicerates his victims has a following and such... this show trades the smiley face for eyes, and Blake for Poe....

This show is the reverse- follow the one to find the many- booooring!

Did we even see Red John in the pilot of The Mentalist? No.
                      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Don't know why this show is getting so much hate. I'm really digging it.
                        http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                          Since he's gay, creator Kevin Williamson added that element, which works for me, because it adds tension within Carroll's cult. They're so nuts, they break the rules.
                          I agree. I like the idea. I like most of the choices the show is making. I just don't like the execution of those choices.

The faux gay couple is interesting. The actor cast in those roles are not.

Poor casting.

Comment

First of all, I'll start by saying that I love this show, and think it is easily one of the most creative, captivating, and entertaining new series that network television has premiered in a number of years (sorry, but network television has become pretty shitty, IMO).

Secondly, I think it's ridiculous to attack it because it centers around a serial killer. It's not on during the middle of the day, when any child can see it, and even if it was, parents should have a wise sense of what to expose their child to.

In an era when our networks give us year after year of **** like GLEE and AMERICAN IDOL, I'm so thrilled that there are writers like Kevin Williamson who are taking creative risks.

Also- to say things like "he's gay- so of course he makes these characters gay" is a very offensive comment, to me at least. Why assume that?

Comment

I'm still watching, though I agree with some of ATB's nitpicks.

You know what I love? Kevin Bacon. Nice to see him every week.

Comment

Totally agree. The beauty of the show are the two leads. Serial killer vs. Cop/victim.

If we got more of those two going head-to-head, I'd probably look at it differently.

But still... Does Fox not own a good camera? I mean, I've seen student films with better production value than any show on Fox.

It's a dark thriller. Not fvcking Glee. Take a page from The Killing.

Comment

Working...
                                X