Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Wedding

See this project by Dave H. Johnson called MAN WEDDING... anyone know what the logline is?

Re: Man Wedding

Guess not...

Comment

Can't find anything except obituaries. Where'd you hear about it?
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

It was set up back in mid February 2006. No logline was released when it was announced, only a brief general description.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

I was just searching my old threads and thought it was funny to yell at myself 11 years later... also I was interested in really what it was about as it seems like a great title.

Thanks for info.

Comment

Google says "It's in the vein of 'Wedding Crashers'" and "it follows the 'Wedding Crashers' template of combining nuptials with male-driven comedy."

Maybe a guy plans his wedding and creates one with masculine themes/activities, instead of the romantic weddings that women generally create.

Comment

That's got to be it! Oh yeah I had an idea Groomzilla at the time! A husband instead of wife is obsessed with having his perfect wedding.

Comment

It's crazy that this movie didn't get made. I wonder what the issue was.

I think Groomzilla would still work. You should write it.

Comment

thinking back, pretty sure there were groomzilla specs out there and that's why we never wrote it or something like that.

Comment

There was a film made about all this already, just so you know:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5670836/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
                    Will
                    Done Deal Pro
                    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Geesh... I was just gonna say I liked Bon's idea.

Doesn't it just suck to be LATE!

I guess it's WAY worse when you already wrote the damn script.
                      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

I agree, I feel like they totally mangled the concept. Sounds like someone got a note that said "why would a man want to obsessively plan his wedding," so they came up with that grandma curse idea.

It's interesting that the first spec, Man Wedding, which I assume was better, didn't get made, and it took 10 years for someone to make some other version. Weird business!

Comment

Working...
                        X