X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin

Anyone heard from Austin yet?

Re: Austin

They do not notify until mid-September. You should have received an email recently asking you to verify your contact info.

Comment

they've notified before Labor Day the past several years, although that may not be their schedule this year

Comment

From their FAQ:

When will we hear about results?
        Letters will be sent by early September for those in the First Round and also to those that advance to the Second Round (top 10%). Semifinalists will receive a phone call by early September as well. Finalists are notified by late September. The winners will be announced at the Awards Luncheon at the Conference.

Comment

I was a Second Rounder a few years ago, top 10 %. Is that the equivalent of a Quarter Finalist, or is there a separate category of Quarter Finalists?

Thanks! I have just always wondered.

Comment

there are no "Quarterfinalists" only Second Rounders, but they're functionally equivalent

Comment

Thanks, Joe! Curiosity satisfied.

Comment

They tweeted last week that letters will go out first week in Sept. and notifications will be posted on their website second week of Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by treacle_cutter
                  I did not get an email from Austin verifying my contact info. Am I the only one?
                  I didn't get one either.

Comment

Got the email 8/8 to verify contact info if that helps anyone-said to respond by 8/15. Below is some info from that email-

Notification letters will be mailed out via postal mail (only to US and Canadian addresses) and are expected to arrive in mailboxes as early as the first week of September. We will also send e-mail notifications around this time to all entrants to ensure everyone receives communication. After all notifications are sent, we will post the full list of advancing scripts on our website

Comment

I received a letter an hour ago, post marked Wednesday. My spec pilot script advanced to the second round of the AMC One-Hour Pilot category. Alas, it did not make it to the Semifinals.

No word yet on the feature script which I submitted about a month before my pilot.

~Dixon

Comment

Originally posted by Dixon View Post
                        I received a letter an hour ago, post marked Wednesday. My spec pilot script advanced to the second round of the AMC One-Hour Pilot category. Alas, it did not make it to the Semifinals.

No word yet on the feature script which I submitted about a month before my pilot.

~Dixon
                        Cool, so some letters are out. Where are you located, Dixon?

Comment

Congrats on the second round! Sorry about the semi-finals.

This has been a harsh week, what with WB & NBC. I've promised myself that a rejection from Austin, making it a nice 3 for 3, will permit me to gorge myself on sushi. See, rejection doesn't have to be bad!

Comment

Originally posted by treacle_cutter View Post
                            Where are you located, Dixon?
                            North Texas.

~Dixon

Comment

They said also on same twitter feed that everyone will be notified by e-mail at least on Monday.

Postings up on Wednesday on the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X