Sold script, movie in post-prod., can't get agent...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sold script, movie in post-prod., can't get agent...

Send Dave "The Animal" Basitita out to knock on a few Agency doors. Problem resolved.

Great comment from Telly.

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
      I was watching Requiem for a Heavyweight last night. Great film. 1950s....I thought too bad you can't get movies like that made anymore.

Then this popped in my head - The Wrestler.

Comment

Originally posted by Landis26 View Post
        I was watching Requiem for a Heavyweight last night. Great film. 1950s....I thought too bad you can't get movies like that made anymore.

Then this popped in my head - The Wrestler.
        Watched it again too. Absolutely great. Maybe it's because I've been around for a while, but I don't see anyone today comparing to the likes of Quinn and Rooney in Requiem, or Cobb in Waterfront (that Brando guy was pretty good too), or Giulietta Masina in Nights of Cabiria.
        PuppyTummy.com

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
          We look for specs that would cost 50m or more to make just as much as we look for scripts that we can get made for 2-3m. But they have to have clear commercial, break out potential.
          Not to call you out SB, but do you ever look for writers who demonstrate a truly original voice in a spec -- the type of voice you could use to help that writer land assignment work if you can't get the spec made -- or do you stick strictly to the Esola model of being a rep in terms of new writers?
          "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
            ..or do you stick strictly to the Esola model of being a rep in terms of new writers?
            What's the Esola model?

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
              What's the Esola model?
              I presume it's some manager/agent, "Esola", with a unique method. Probably one of those guys/gals who expects a Christmas Present, as in that silly thread before Christmas.

Comment

Mike Esola.

Sells a lot of scripts.

Comment

What's the Esola model?
                  He's a rep at one of the big 3 who has a really aggressive way of discovering marketable scripts, he's selling more spec scripts than any single agent right now. A lot of it just might have to do with the guy's personal eye for marketable work.

Comment

We all know who Esola is. I think she meant what exactly is his model.

Selling a lot of script is not a model, it's the result of his model.

Comment

Originally posted by vstm10 View Post
                      We all know who Esola is.
                      We do? Interesting. At least one person in this thread does not.

Comment

What's the Esola model?
                        Just in case anyone wants a better idea of his creds... Open 2010 Black List. Word search 'Esola'. He owned it!.... or is it pwned?

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                          Just in case anyone wants a better idea of his creds... Open 2010 Black List. Word search 'Esola'. He owned it!.... or is it pwned?
                          I know who he is, and I know for a while it seemed that every spec that went out had his name attached to it. I was just wondering what his "model" was, but I can infer from Joe's comment to SB that it does not have to do with finding an original voice as much as it has to do with finding commercial material that he can take out and make a splash with. Yes?

Comment

I know who he is, and I know for a while it seemed that every spec that went out had his name attached to it. I was just wondering what his "model" was, but I can infer from Joe's comment to SB that it does not have to do with finding an original voice as much as it has to do with finding commercial material that he can take out and make a splash with. Yes?
                            That's why I didn't address the post directly at you, but at anyone else who might be wondering who he is. I only found out this year myself and that's only cause my Manager and Att mentioned they may try and get a script of mine in his hand as a sample. Fingers crossed on that one.

As to his model, I couldn't tell you.... but I'm guessing it's Kelly Brook.

Comment

I guess there are agents/managers who manage a smaller number of clients, focusing on their specs, assignments, and pitches. And then there are agents/managers who have a larger base of clients (most of them unknown or new) whose specs they introduce to the marketplace. If the spec sells, great. If not, oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Telly View Post
                                We do? Interesting. At least one person in this thread does not.
                                are you sure?

I actually think Joe should be the one clarifying what his perception of "Esola's model" is, since it actually may not be Esola's exact strategy.

Comment

Working...
                                X