Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Research and Resources
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2015, 03:50 PM   #11
RogerOThornhill

Default Re: An Actual $300m Bank Heist

I'll post a few more of these as they come to my attention...It is just interesting to note that these things really do happen and are not just formulaic movie plots. Although the cross-dressing gunmen was a nice variation on the usual heist plot.
RogerOThornhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:04 PM   #12
RogerOThornhill

Quote:
An ingenious London criminal orchestrated his own prison break by sending a fake email from court officials with instructions to set him free, the BBC reported.

Neil Moore, who was already facing several charges for fraud, was being held at London's Wandsworth Prison in March 2014 when he illegitimately obtained a cellphone and used it to create a fake email account from the Royal Courts of Justice- complete with real names and contact address- according to evidence presented at his recent trial.
http://www.hngn.com/articles/81488/2...ering-bail.htm
Old 04-04-2015, 10:45 PM   #13
RogerOThornhill

Gadget which turns all traffic lights green trialled in UK

Quote:
Phil Blythe, Professor of Transport at Newcastle University said: “This is the first step towards driverless cars. If we can manage the traffic better and get cars talking to traffic lights and each other on the road, then that is a big step towards automation.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/scie...led-in-UK.html
Old 04-05-2015, 11:19 AM   #14
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
Gadget which turns all traffic lights green trialled in UK

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/scie...led-in-UK.html
I don't get it. Gadgets that turn lights from red to green for emergency vehicles have been around for decades.

From the press' POV, if something hasn't be written about within the past year, then when a reporter discovers "this amazing gadget" they figure it must be "this amazing new gadget", and that's how the story runs.
Manchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:58 PM   #15
Southern_land

Based on this I feel I have no real alternative but to turn you lot in. Clearly you're in it together

Southern_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #16
RogerOThornhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_land View Post
Based on this I feel I have no real alternative but to turn you lot in. Clearly you're in it together

I have an alibi, but I'd offer up Jason Statham as a suspect...it's more his sort of thing.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #17
RogerOThornhill

Armored Truck Dash for Cash on Highway Prompts Police Warning to Motorists

Police in Texas said they want to "remind" drivers who found cash blowing on the side of an interstate on Friday that their discovery could land them behind bars.

A Brinks Armored Truck was traveling west along Interstate 20 Friday afternoon towards Abilene, Texas, when the truck’s passenger door opened and a “substantial” amount of cash fell out of the truck, according to a statement from the Weatherford Police Department.

The money was dropped over a seven-mile stretch of highway, police said.

Officers dispatched to the area around 3 p.m. on Friday found small amounts of money, along with a few individuals who picked up some of the loose cash off the road. Authorities believe most of the money that was lost by the truck has been picked up by drivers traveling along the highway.

Video posted to Facebook shows several vehicles pulling over to the shoulder of the road, with people walking to their vehicles with handfuls of cash.

Police asked on Friday that anyone who picked up some of the money off the roadway to return to them or Brinks.

“Weatherford Police would like to remind everyone that the loose money is property of Brinks Armored Car Service,” police said in a statement.

“Weatherford Police will investigate and potentially prosecute any individual that has picked up any of the loose money and not returned it to either Brinks or the Police Department.”
Old 04-14-2015, 06:52 PM   #18
RogerOThornhill

I don't have a news story link for this one, but it also falls into the theme of this thread where "real life events can mirror movie plots."

This is relayed to me verbally...

Eight teenagers go snowmobiling last month and get stranded as darkness approaches. A stranger with one hand leads them back to his cabin in the woods for the night. He does not have a phone and it is a mountain area where phones do not work anyway. The stranger with one hand blown off in an accidental explosion years ago is actually a registered sex offender, pedophile, paranoid, has security cameras around the property and weapons caches hidden around the woods. The ATF has raided the place at least once that I know of. I also hear he grows weed somewhere in the basement cellars. The teens are forced to stay the night with him at the cabin in the woods.

In a movie he would have to kill six or seven of the teens, but real life was not quite so dramatic. ...nobody injured. Everybody went home safely the next day.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:19 PM   #19
Manchester

BBC - US lottery security boss charged with fixing draw
Manchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #20
RogerOThornhill

Someone stole $1B from Moldova — an eighth of its GDP

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...post/26923909/

Quote:
KIEV, Ukraine — When thousands filled the streets of Moldova's capital Sunday in the little country's largest protest in years, their complaint was pretty significant.
Late last year, about $1 billion disappeared in an apparent banking scandal that's mystified Europe's poorest country.
To put that sum into perspective, it's an eighth of the country's GDP. In United States terms, that portion of the economy would add up to more than $2 trillion.
The money reportedly vanished in a series of murky loans dealt out last November by three major banks — one of them state-owned — to as yet unknown recipients.