Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackList Weekly Email

Hey Everyone...I was lucky enough to score a 9 on the blacklist.com this week for my action script. Is there a weekly email that goes out to professionals, and when does it go out? I have had a few calls from industry folks the day after I received my score, but was unsure if it was because some notification went out, or because people were reacting to the score.

Also, does the email go out to everyone who is an industry pro who is signed up for the blacklist?

I don't know much about this stuff, so any help would be appreciated.

Re: BlackList Weekly Email

i'm sure LauriD can tell how it all works

Comment

From The Black List "Help" section:

Are industry pros contacted about my script if it receives a high rating from your readers?

Answer:
      Every Monday, our industry professionals receive an email that includes the titles, authors, genres, and loglines of scripts that received high (8+) overall ratings from our paid readers. A single read with a high rating from our readers merits inclusion.
      Other emails go out during the week as well. On Wednesdays, emails go out with reading reccomendations based on member preferences and ratings. On Fridays, emails go out listing titles, authors, genres, and loglines of scripts that receive high (8+) component scores in categories or genres where the industry pros have expressed specific interest.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
        From The Black List "Help" section:

Are industry pros contacted about my script if it receives a high rating from your readers?

Answer:
        Every Monday, our industry professionals receive an email that includes the titles, authors, genres, and loglines of scripts that received high (8+) overall ratings from our paid readers. A single read with a high rating from our readers merits inclusion.
        Other emails go out during the week as well. On Wednesdays, emails go out with reading reccomendations based on member preferences and ratings. On Fridays, emails go out listing titles, authors, genres, and loglines of scripts that receive high (8+) component scores in categories or genres where the industry pros have expressed specific interest.
        Duh. I should have checked that first. Thanks, Clint.

Comment

Congrats on the 9, by the way.

You're in rare company.

From Bitter Script Reader blog:

Knowing they like to crunching numbers there, I'd want to know things such as:
          What percentage of uploaded scripts are rated 8 or higher?
          What percentage of 5 rated (6 rated, 7 rated, 8 rated etc) scripts are downloaded by pros? My guess would % gets higher with higher score. I'd also be curious if ANY scripts rated less than 8 get downloaded by pros.

4.28% of evaluations receive overall ratings of 8 or higher (3.73% receive 8s. 0.53% receive 9s. 0.02% receive 10s.)
          Last edited by ClintW3; 01-29-2015, 12:16 PM. Reason: add information

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
            4.28% of evaluations receive overall ratings of 8 or higher (3.73% receive 8s. 0.53% receive 9s. 0.02% receive 10s.)
            Wow, I didn't know it was so rare to get high score. Personally, I don't put much stock into scores. And honestly, even though I received a 9, I wasn't terribly impressed with the review. How's that for ungrateful!

Comment

What's your log? And can I read it?
              I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Working...
              X