• Show
Clear All

Re: TRACKINGB.COM Contest

I'm in fo sho with my new horror!

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Re: TrackingB Contest

Just a reminder that the TrackingB deadline is fast approaching.

These boards are designed for one writer to help another. Well, this is the only advice I'm qualified to give. If you think you have a professional quality script, enter this contest ASAP. TrackingB is largely responsible for me securing and agent, getting read all over town, and launching a career. And I believe others on this board can claim the same. So hurry up with that polish!

Comment

Re: TrackingB Contest

I submitted my WilsonReads Contest script instead of the one I wanted to, mostly because I'm only on page 30-something.

But if I quit my job and write like a motherf^cker, I can theoretically pound out a solid first draft by December.

Comment

I think the late deadline for this year's www.trackingb.com contest is three weeks away.

I know I've said it before, along with many other reputable posters (bono, telly, thrill14, ihavebiglips, etc) but this contest is one of the best around.

I was only an honorable mention in the contest's first year but the Insider has stayed in my corner and has gotten my work read by some key players. Those reads, in part, led to me eventually getting repped by United Talent Agency and managed by former William Morris Senior VP Alan Gasmer.

The point is, this a great contest that I fully recommend entering.

The prize is real exposure, which is the best prize of all.

Good luck, folks.
          "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

There are two deadlines left, Nov 15 and Dec 1st.

Comment

Ducky and I are hoping to get a solid draft ready by December 1. That's the REALLY late deadline. $65.

I see a busy November in our future.
              Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"
              Ever notice how 'monogamy' rhymes with 'monotony'?" -- Christian Troy

Comment

I planned on entering by the Nov 15 deadline but this script isn't going so good. Might have to bite the bullet and send it in by Dec 1st. Or enter an old one, which I don't want to do.

Either way, it'll be my first contest. Good luck to everyone entering!

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

TrackingB has a late deadline coming up on Sunday and the final deadline coming up in two weeks. Get those scripts in!

If you're unfamiliar, do a search on these boards for the merits of TrackingB. There are many.

Comment

Originally posted by thrill14 View Post
                    If you're unfamiliar, do a search on these boards for the merits of TrackingB. There are many.
                    Ditto. Outside of maybe one or two contests out there, this is the best contest around.

Get on it guys and good luck!

Comment

Any guesses as to whether or not the November 15th deadline is tonight at Midnight, or actually tomorrow night at 11:59pm?

Comment

Originally posted by briking View Post
                        Any guesses as to whether or not the November 15th deadline is tonight at Midnight, or actually tomorrow night at 11:59pm?
                        Depends on where the Paypal button is.

But I would guess that November 15th means all day November 15th.

HH

Comment

Tony and I have been planning to enter this the past several weeks. We've been rushing to get feedback and pound out this 3rd draft. We'll be cutting it right before the Dec 1st very last deadline.

I'm intrigued by the reading panel and turn around time. It'll be a nice way to get my feet wet.

**Oh I just saw Tony's post a page back haha oh well.
                          Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Just entered with 40 minutes to spare on the Late Deadline. Good luck everyone!

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

I entered one last night as well. Got the note from The Insider this morning. "Sounds good -- look forward to reading"

Comment

I've got two in, a cop thriller à la Thelma and Louise in one character and a family thriller à la The Sixth Sense. I must commend the staff over there for being very patient and responsive with their e-mail communiqué's.

The feeling I get from this contest versus the others is this. Whereas some - ahem - "prestigious- contests reward, craftsmanship, art, call it what you want - I don't see the winners getting made or, when they do get made, putting lotsa peeps in the seats. It is my feeling that TrackingB will pick a winner such that a producer will react to that script with the words: "I can MAKE this.- I.E., this script may not be artsy, it may not be fartsy, but damn -- I CAN MAKE THIS! It has a solid twist on a well worn premise and executes that with an entertaining craft. It will get people in the theaters in Peoria, such that I can raise money and pitch this to a studio.

A tall order but...at least that's my hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X