Querying on IMBDpro. Where do I find the producers?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Querying on IMBDpro. Where do I find the producers?

I want to query producers on IMBDpro. But before I pay for the services I'd like to know is it easy to find the list? How is it done? I hate going onto these sites and they are so jumbled with ads and info you don't need that you can't find what you're looking for. For me? It's a list of agents and producers.

Thank you,
    Sandy Daley

Re: Querying on IMBDpro. Where do I find the producers?

Originally posted by Cherky View Post
    I want to query producers on IMBDpro. But before I pay for the services I'd like to know is it easy to find the list? How is it done? I hate going onto these sites and they are so jumbled with ads and info you don't need that you can't find what you're looking for. For me? It's a list of agents and producers.

Thank you,
    Sandy Daley
    Sorry. No list on IMDbPro. You have actually work for it. Find films like the one you're querying and look who produced them. Look those people up and study what else they produced, then query them. It's time consuming, but part of what writers do as part of their business. Same with managers. Nothing is easy or instant for screenwriters. Nothing. I wish you good fortune.

Comment

This is not intended as some heavy pitch for our main site, but you can easily generate a list of reps and producers/companies to query via our main site.

One can use our advanced search pages to run all sorts of searches. If you have written a comedy film or TV show, for example, you can run a query for all the comedies sold in the last year, two years, three years, etc. up to 19 years ago. (I suggest sticking with the last few years.) From this query, you can not only see the title & logline for the different comedy projects but more importantly the agents, managers and producers involved with each. You can then click on the company names to learn more about each company.

You can then create a list of people to query easily from the above. Others have. Then you can always use IMDBpro or some other source -- short term -- to supplement any contact info we might not have for an individual or company. I know folks like IMDBpro for a lot of their contact info, but you can generate a list much quicker with our site, I can pretty much guarantee you, because that's what it was specifically designed for. Also, no ads or jumble.

Up to you though.
      Will
      Done Deal Pro
      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Will:

You mean the agents, managers and producers' lists I see to the left on the home page? Under subscribers?

Thank you

Comment

Will:

You mean the agents, managers and producers' lists I see to the left on the home page? Under subscribers?

Thank you
          Yes. That along with the various film and TV deals. It all ties together and is only $30 a year. If that is too much or not for you, obviously don't spend the money. But it might help in terms of the research it sounds like you want and need to do.

If you want to ask some questions privately, feel free to email as well. Not problem.
          Will
          Done Deal Pro
          www.donedealpro.com

Comment

You can use DoneDealPro to find out who has recently bought scripts or closed deals, so it's better than simply a list. I would recommend you subscribe to DoneDealPro AND IMDbpro.
            Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/NyFilmmaker32/videos

Comment

Working...
            X