Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Board Launch Pad Screenwriting Contest

I know there was a bit of controversy surrounding this contest when it was first announced last year... but I was wondering if anyone here went ahead entered.

I did, under the (admittedly delusional) idea that maybe because it was a new contest that I would have a better shot -- you know, less entries to compete against. Yeah, ha ha ha.

I believe that the semifinalists are going to be announced this month -- any word when?

Re: Tracking Board Launch Pad Screenwriting Contest

Originally posted by DayJobWriter View Post
    I know there was a bit of controversy surrounding this contest when it was first announced last year... but I was wondering if anyone here went ahead entered.

I did, under the (admittedly delusional) idea that maybe because it was a new contest that I would have a better shot -- you know, less entries to compete against. Yeah, ha ha ha.

I believe that the semifinalists are going to be announced this month -- any word when?
    I gave it a go with a script that got a 7 on the BL. No word yet. Seems a fair amount of this game is all odds - even with a good script - so might as well try to get some exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
      I gave it a go with a script that got a 7 on the BL. No word yet. Seems a fair amount of this game is all odds - even with a good script - so might as well try to get some exposure.
      Ha! I entered by Black List 7 script, too! Hopefully all those 8s and 9s will have been too busy basking in their BL downloads to consider entering

Here's to the BLACK LIST 7s!

Comment

Top 25 are out now

Comment

whoops, I just got a PM asking where the Top 25 are listed -- I should have checked the site first; the emails have gone out, nothing is listed on the site yet

Comment

Originally posted by BillG View Post
            the emails have gone out, nothing is listed on the site yet
            I entered a few scripts, but haven't received any emails. Would these emails be sent just to the semi-finalists or everyone who has entered?

Comment

Only the Top 25 got e-mails, but I guess it's possible that there's a staggered delay to them, so don't fret yet.

The great part about this is that, like the TrackingB contest, seasoned pros are allowed to enter -- but, since it's the first year, who knows how many pros (if any) entered, and who knows how many people entered in general. Aka -- quite possibly not that impressive

Comment

Also, reading the earlier posts, I should have mentioned -- I'm another Blacklist 7 with this one -- so, koo beanz, I suppose? Good luck to all

Comment

When writers are shelling out up to $95 to enter your competition is it really too much to ask to send out an email notification of the results? It's literally the press of a button on any half decent mail merge program.

Comment

What are the loglines?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
                      When writers are shelling out up to $95 to enter your competition is it really too much to ask to send out an email notification of the results? It's literally the press of a button on any half decent mail merge program.
                      Even worse... I asked one of their judges listed if they were excited about the contest, and they didn't even know they were a judge! Never even agreed to it, and the name is right on there... Makes you wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by jsay View Post
                        Even worse... I asked one of their judges listed if they were excited about the contest, and they didn't even know they were a judge! Never even agreed to it, and the name is right on there... Makes you wonder...
                        Whoa...

Comment

Wow, that's definitely nuts -- I always figured these "celebrity judging panels" never actually read the finalists in any of the contests (either had an assistant do it or just randomly picked them), but I'm surprised a big tracking board (this is one of the main ones, right?) could get away with listing someone big who is not really involved - assuming it's true. Which judge was it, if you care to divulge...

That being said, I have had a couple requests from legitimate folks so far. The loglines for the semis arent being stated until the finalists/winners are announced in early June, so it's possible I might get more requests then

Comment

After I mentioned it to the judge, they went into their spam folder and found an e-mail from the contest, but it seems pretty unethical to promote to entrants an official judge who hasn't even agreed... how many others on the list are like this? Did the Wachowski's agent Lawrence Mattis agree or did he just get an e-mail in his spam folder too?

Comment

Did the judge demand to be taken off the list, or did he/she sign onboard?

Also, not sure if people who don't have a subscription to The Tracking Board can see the info, but I believe 5 of the 25 semifinalists are repped writers - anyone care to pointlessly number crunch those stats?

Comment

Working...
                              X