This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Yea, I just had him look at my stuff. Don't know what his current turnaround is, but a few weeks ago it was about a week, though I find he gets to it sooner than he quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyOtter View Post
      Does anyone know if Drew still does the Screenplay Mechanic?
      Yup, still reading. August was absurdly busy and September is filling up fast. So make a reservation soon. No deposit required. Just shoot me an email at [email protected]
      NOTES / COVERAGE
      15,000+ Screenplays
      [email protected]

Comment

I have to say that Drew's notes were really good. He pointed out a character background story that didn't seem to fit in the context. My heart knew this. My head didn't listen. So with that said, I hunted down some earlier drafts for inspiration. Funny how that works.

Now, I'm still on cloud nine because Writer:Consider, Project: Consider w/res, but it wasn't just his analysis that was helpful, it was also his knowledge and honesty about the subject matter (World War One).

Comment

I use Drew & Amanda. Both provide great insight and don't molly-coddle.
          PuppyTummy.com

Comment

Haven't checked in here in a while, but I've fielded a few emails lately asking if I'm still reading, so figured I'd swing by and answer... "Yes!"

My project at Mark Gordon has stalled but I'm busy working on a TV pitch with Gersh and hopefully will be producing another feature this Fall. In the meantime, I'm still reading each and every day.

I still get booked a couple of weeks out, so if anyone here wants me to read their work in July or August, now is the time to get on my schedule. All you need to do is email me to reserve a date (no deposit required). Then you send me your script and payment the day before and you'll receive my notes within 24 hours.

All the best, everyone!

Drew
            [email protected]
            NOTES / COVERAGE
            15,000+ Screenplays
            [email protected]

Comment

Hi Drew

I am definitely interested in reserving a spot for the end of July. I´ll be sending you an email. Just one quick question. Is there still a DoneDeal discount? I´d be a repeat customer if that makes any difference.
              Manfred Lopez Grem
              WGA Writer - Director | Zero Gravity Management

REEL - IMDB

Comment

August is my slowest month so I'm not booked out as far as I normally am. Shoot me an email if you're getting close to finishing a draft you want me to take a look at.

Also, for the month of August you can get my notes-only service for the old rate of $99. Just mention that if you email to reserve a spot.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

[email protected]
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

This was just what I've been looking for. You'll be hearing from me soon.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
                    August is my slowest month so I'm not booked out as far as I normally am. Shoot me an email if you're getting close to finishing a draft you want me to take a look at.

Also, for the month of August you can get my notes-only service for the old rate of $99. Just mention that if you email to reserve a spot.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

[email protected]
                    Is the "notes-only" regular coverage just minus the synopsis?
                    "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

Originally posted by Kermet Key View Post
                      Is the "notes-only" regular coverage just minus the synopsis?
                      Yes sir.

Includes cover page (logline, box score etc.) and 2 pages of evaluation.
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      15,000+ Screenplays
                      [email protected]

Comment

Had Drew read my work over, and his notes really helped! He gave me excellent direction and some good pointers on how to improve my screenplay. He was also kind enough to follow up and clarify notes. Been working on my script a ton today. Thanks so much, Andrew. I'm growing more confident in my work and I look forward to sending you my next draft for review.

Gives good, constructive criticism and pays astute attention to detail, folks!

Comment

Drew, what's your schedule look like for September? Also do notes count as coverage in terms of reps who say they only accept scripts that have coverage?

Comment

Originally posted by entlassen View Post
                            Drew, what's your schedule look like for September? Also do notes count as coverage in terms of reps who say they only accept scripts that have coverage?
                            I'm only just seeing your post, if you still need notes or coverage shoot me an email at [email protected]

I typically get booked 2-3 wks out. I have a few spots left at the end of Sept and my schedule is mostly wide-open in October.

FYI once you reserve a date on my schedule, I don't need your PDF (or payment) until the day before. I then read the script within 24 hours. Some clients like to reserve a date a few weeks or a month out as a deadline to motivate them.

But drop me a line. Happy to answer any additional questions.
                            NOTES / COVERAGE
                            15,000+ Screenplays
                            [email protected]

Comment

Is it $99 for Oct?

Comment

Originally posted by coffee View Post
                                Is it $99 for Oct?
                                I had a special in September. No discounts currently as I'm booked 2-3 weeks out. If things slow down in Nov/Dec I may introduce another special, in which case I'll post about it here.

As always, shoot me an email if you want to get on my schedule. I never expect a PDF or payment until the day before I'm scheduled to read your work, and I read it and send you my report within 24 hours.
                                NOTES / COVERAGE
                                15,000+ Screenplays
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X