Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KILLING ON CARNIVAL ROW by Travis Beacham

Think I got about 15 pages before I quit. Too much ink for my taste. But he does have a visual style that impressed me

Comment

Did they flip this into a series? Pretty sure I saw a commercial for it yesterday. Pretty nifty if true.

Comment

Yes, it's an Amazon series now called CARNIVAL ROW that's premiering on Aug. 30.

Comment

They're were some silly coincidences. The one lordmanji points out could have been easily remedied, I think so anyways, by Philostrate actually acting on a tip or a hunch that brings him in the vicinity of unseelie jack when he attacks Vignette.

I have to agree too that Philostrate running from his own colleagues doesn't make sense but then maybe it does if it is shown earlier just how militarized the police are. The police are flying heavily armed "drakes" ( helicopter equivalences ) while chasing Philostrate and Vignette. Vignette is as far as the police know an innocent victim but they're firing on the both of them with a gatling gun , in a residential area no less. Reminds me of Fallout 4. Or the US in a few years. And the Mayor seems to have his own heavily armed army.

The world building is great. I pictured the faeries with huge wings, not like Disney fairy wings, but wings that actually look like they could support the weight of someone. And little things like how vampires can't drink faerie blood.

Very well executed.
          TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Working...
          X