No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Brake"

Theatrical Trailer

Yes, it's similar in concept to BURIED (they were developed around the same time), but BRAKE is far superior.

On VOD February 17th.
    U.S. theaters March 23rd

Please help spread the word about this movie and help out your fellow DD'er, writer Timothy Mannion.
    Last edited by EvilRbt; 01-20-2012, 01:30 PM.
    NOTES / COVERAGE
    15,000+ Screenplays
    [email protected]

Re: "Brake"

My kind of movie.

Comment

Very cool trailer and a great return for Stephen Dorff!

Comment

Who's Timothy Manion? Just out of interest. (If he's OK with being outed.)
        sigpic

Website
        Tweets
        Book

Comment

Looks very cool. Intense. Other than the main character being in an enclosed area, this doesn't seem similar to "Buried" at all. Never thought a movie set in a trunk could kick ass.

Hope this gets a wide theatrical release.

Comment

Originally posted by nic.h View Post
            Who's Timothy Manion? Just out of interest. (If he's OK with being outed.)
            I believe his DD username is "Burning World." Tim? Show yourself and take a bow.
            NOTES / COVERAGE
            15,000+ Screenplays
            [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Andrew. I found the other thread.

The trailer looks stellar - good work, guys! Sounds like congrats should go out to both of you.
              sigpic

Website
              Tweets
              Book

Comment

The trailer does look pretty cool. I may actually spend money on this. Hell, I spent money on Young Adult so why not on something that looks like it might have something going for it?

HH

Comment

Hey everyone, I'll take the bow Andrew wants me to take. All I did was write 82 pages. Everyone else did the heavy lifting.

I hope everyone takes the opportunity to see this wonderful film, either on demand or in the theater. I can guarantee it will be an experience. Also, if you're on Facebook, please LIKE the BRAKE page. This is a great, independent film that we're hoping can stand on its strong legs.

Keep writing, hard work pays off.
                  Introduce a little anarchy.

Comment

Trailer looks excellent! Will definitely see it.

It's the lead trailer on the IMDB home page. Nice.

Congrats, Burning and EvilR!
                    #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Nice one Andrew and Tim, and the rest of the BRAKE team.

I'm sure this one will be the first of many.

Comment

I've heard that top online critics say it's just BURIED mixed with WRECKED with a little bit of THE WICKER MAN thrown in...

But I'll be seeing it anyway. Hoping it's going to get a UK theatrical release.
                        "Only nothing is impossible."
                        - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
                          I've heard that top online critics say it's just BURIED mixed with WRECKED with a little bit of THE WICKER MAN thrown in...

But I'll be seeing it anyway. Hoping it's going to get a UK theatrical release.
                          Those are bloggers who haven't seen it. Not critics.

The BURIED comparisons are inevitable. We shot BRAKE in the fall of 2010, right as BURIED was about to be released, so one isn't a rip-off of the other, just a parallel project. Obviously I'm biased, but I think BRAKE is far superior.

BRAKE will be released in UK theaters in October. Hopefully a lot of you will rent it online February 17th and tell us what you think.
                          NOTES / COVERAGE
                          15,000+ Screenplays
                          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
                            Those are bloggers who haven't seen it. Not critics.

The BURIED comparisons are inevitable. We shot BRAKE in the fall of 2010, right as BURIED was about to be released, so one isn't a rip-off of the other, just a parallel project. Obviously I'm biased, but I think BRAKE is far superior.

BRAKE will be released in UK theaters in October. Hopefully a lot of you will rent it online February 17th and tell us what you think.

October, huh? That is a long time to wait. I was really up for catching this bad boy on the big screen, but don't know if I can wait that long. I was only kidding about the reviews. I've heard good things about this.
                            "Only nothing is impossible."
                            - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
                              October, huh? That is a long time to wait. I was really up for catching this bad boy on the big screen, but don't know if I can wait that long. I was only kidding about the reviews. I've heard good things about this.
                              I know. All my family and many friends are in the UK and they're anxious to see it on the big screen too. But contractually with IFC Films, the foreign markets have to wait a certain amount of time post-U.S. release before they can roll it out.

Fly out here in March and watch it.
                              NOTES / COVERAGE
                              15,000+ Screenplays
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X