Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acquiring Sponsors for Animated Series

Have any of you dealt with or have information on acquiring sponsors for your television or series idea?

I'm currently working on finishing up my animated series and curious about getting sponsors/advertisers on board first before pitching or releasing it on social media.

Thanks.

Re: Acquiring Sponsors for Animated Series

Originally posted by BennyMarkowitz View Post
    Have any of you dealt with or have information on acquiring sponsors for your television or series idea?

I'm currently working on finishing up my animated series and curious about getting sponsors/advertisers on board first before pitching or releasing it on social media.
    Usually the networks don't want writers or contractors to get involved in advertising and sponsorship at all. They have all sorts of deals and strategies in place at any one time and it's easy to cause the network a lot of embarrassment without realizing what you've done.

There are really only two ways to handle this safely. First, if you know someone who you think would be a good sponsor for the show mention it to the network and let them follow it up. Second, if you know someone who wants to be a sponsor, do almost the same thing; tell them you will let the network know about their interest.

Although well-intentioned, possibly the worst thing you can do is to have obligations in place with sponsors before even pitching to a network.
    "Friends make the worst enemies." Frank Underwood

Comment

Working...
    X