Are there any other British screenwriters with an LA manager here?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any other British screenwriters with an LA manager here?

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure where to post this...

Is there any other British screenwriters with an LA manager here? Be great to start up a convo with someone in my shoes.

Re: Are there any other British screenwriters with an LA manager here?

What are your "shoes" exactly? (not a brit myself but I've had a writers group member from London make the transition to LA after he won the Nicholl)

Comment

I suppose someone whose gone a similar path.

British. Lives in Britain. Must do the majority of his/her networking in Britain. But has management from across the pond.

Comment

Every situation and writer is different of course but my sense from hearing LA-based reps and managers speak at Q&As and festivals over the year is that 9 out 10 want their clients to live in LA. For the 1 in 10 who do work with distant writers, sometimes all it takes is one great spec but the writer who has their own career going already will probably be a more attractive proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Horse View Post
          Hi everyone.

I'm not sure where to post this...

Is there any other British screenwriters with an LA manager here? Be great to start up a convo with someone in my shoes.
          I was repped by and LA manger and agent for many years when I was still living in South Africa. I live in the US now.

I used to go to LA once a year to do meetings etc...

It's not a problem for feature's but TV writers have to be in LA to get work.

But whatever the case, your best bet is to write good scripts... they will come for you.

Comment

Me. However I don't understand what you hope to gain from talking to LA-repped UK writers. How each gets to that stage is unique to the individual with the only commonality being the need to write a bloody good script.

My advice is write a script, await top marks from the Black List or pro-level peers and then canvass. That really is all there is to it.
            M.A.G.A.

Comment

Ironically, I'm an American looking for a producer in England to produce my script. It's a Christmas film set in London, 1850. I've had talk of producing it here, but I'm pretty adamant it needs to be a British shot & produced film.

Comment

Working...
              X