Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tudors

Anyone watching this? I'm just loving this show. Jonathan Rys Meyers is fantastic as are all the rest of the casts. Any thoughts on this so far?

LadyLuxor

Re: The Tudors

It's not bad, but the problem that it has is that it is forced into the confines of real historical events. We know what happened between Henry and the catholic church. We know who Oliver Cromwell went on to become and what became of Cardinal Wolsey. Because of this inability to have character fates hang in the balance, it can never be a great show.
    Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
      It's not bad, but the problem that it has is that it is forced into the confines of real historical events. We know what happened between Henry and the catholic church. We know who Oliver Cromwell went on to become and what became of Cardinal Wolsey. Because of this inability to have character fates hang in the balance, it can never be a great show.
      Of course, you mean Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex. Lived 125 years earlier than O. Cromwell, who was part of the English Civil War. That Cromwell?
      Writers write to be read, right?

Comment

I appear to have mixed up my Cromwells. Thomas Cromwell, executed in 1540, four years after Anne Boleyn. Yes, that Cromwell.

Comment

Not to forget ubiquitous character actor James Cromwell.

Comment

Or the Otago lakeside town in the south island of New Zealand.

Comment

Anyway, I also like The Tudors, a lot.
              Writers write to be read, right?

Comment

Finale was kinda meh. All very anti climactic and I found Henry to be an extremely one note character as the series progressed. A lot of bluster without much delivery, really. I was bored by the end and doubt I'll be back next season.
                Last edited by Cycstorm; 06-12-2007, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Wolsey can't sort the king a divorce, and the king gets pissed off. Wolsey tries to get Catherine to help him out, but she can't. Wolsey slits his own throat rather than face the fate the king had in mind for him.

There was some very nice shots of Natalie Dormer's **** at the end of the finale, but after putting us through this dull, plodding, pedantic crap for ten weeks, I felt that was the least they could do.

Comment

I missed an eppy or two, but overall, I liked it. Took me awhile to get away from the Richard Burton-Robert Shaw "Henry VIII".

Sam O'Neill was phenomenal. I hope he's nominated for an Emmy. They did take license with Wolsey's character, he didn't commit suicide in real life.
                    I have to watch next season, if only to see Peter O'Toole.
                    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

beautiful cinematography.
                      compelling acting.

season finale 2 was awesome.

doesn't matter if you know the historical events coming or not.

it ain't about the destination, folks. it's the journey.

and this one, is just well done.

s

Comment

What's your guys thoughts on the quality and future of this show? Does it have legs? Personally, I love it, still on 2nd season via netflix with my wife but it's a favorite of ours.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X