X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mel Gibson: The end?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by instant_karma
    I think Leni Riefenstahl died a few years back...
    Originally posted by Jage View Post
    The Will finally Triumphed over her...
    according to imdb it's back on. egg pictures is back. and it's slated for 2011. i don't think gibson had anything to do with this anyway. where did you get that?

Comment

Originally posted by Pasquali56 View Post
      So what does everyone thing of Mel Gibson's latest tirade? Could this be the end of his career? WME has already dropped him. One thing's for sure: this guy has some real issues. If it was just the drinking, maybe he could go to rehab, sober up and be accepted again. But with that he's said, I don't think many will be jumping in to help him.
      There will always be people who will work with him, because his name will probably always have some level of value. If he wants to keep working he can do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
        Not sure what that has to do with Gibson. He's an idiot, but he hasn't killed anyone. Seems more self-destructive than anything else. IMO.
        Agreed. He's imploding. To be honest, I kinda' feel sorry for him--he's such a talent [said the "spick" ]

The video is about a serious reason for outrage; yet we don't hear it. Apathy reigns. But a movie star's stupidity is sooo shocking! Go figure.
        Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

I would just like to point out how bizarre that people seem to be thinking that a racial slur is worse than beating the crap out of a woman. Everyone is up in arms because he said some douchey racist stuff during his fits of rage, but few have much to say about his girlfriend's horrifying allegations that he possibly abused her physically, emotionally, and possibly even while holding their baby no less. I mean look at WME, they said themselves they "can't represent someone who uses the n-word". Racism and money were their reasons for dropping him. But the fact that he mighta beaten his girlfriend? That I guess they coulda lived with. Lovely.

Also I find it strange how Hollywood is when it comes to dismissing or supporting certain behaviors. The general consensus is that Mel Gibson is to be cast out of Hollywood for being a racist (but not abusive to women remember). Meanwhile tons of A-listers and power players joined together to voice their support for a rapist (Roman Polanski). Just another example of Hollywood's spot on priorities and dismissal of women, who are, it seems, the true minority.

Comment

Signal, that was funny, bear baiting. too funny.

mel's a loony tunes, how much you want a bet the next guy to hit the crazy button is going to be cruise, he's been holding it together for way to long.

he's ready to go ward 3. he might make it another five years, but i'm not holding my breath for him.
            You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Comment

I think the point about him being physically abusive to his girlfriend is a very good one. Gibson is the whole package in terms of being abusive: physical, emotional and verbal.

I just read where someone at WME said "No one will touch him with a ten foot pole." But they added that he can certainly make his own movies. It will just be interesting to see what NAME actors want to work with him on his own films.

Comment

guys please, five minutes after hiroshima it looked bad. . . twenty minutes after, it looked really, really bad.

almost 70s years later it looks like no big deal. enola gay, what's that, a unisex?

let's remember what country we are talking about here, we are a nation of forgivers.
                You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Comment

I would just like to point out how bizarre that people seem to be thinking that a racial slur is worse than beating the crap out of a woman. Everyone is up in arms because he said some douchey racist stuff during his fits of rage, but few have much to say about his girlfriend's horrifying allegations that he possibly abused her physically, emotionally, and possibly even while holding their baby no less.
                  i think everyone knows he's a misogynist, anti-semitic, and racist.
                  he left his wife who bore him 7 children (or was it 5) and took up with this russian wannabe with fake boobs. he picked her (probably in 3 months of being in a drunken haze), and then when she turned out to be just what he wanted and now noticing that people are "looking" at her... he can't stand it. he should have stayed with his wife who he kept barefoot and pregnant, and out of the public eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Umo
                    I think Mel went looney. Real haters excercise their hate.
                    For what it's worth, I agree with this comment 100%.

Hatred of those different also works against all of us - nobody is safe from sick, twisted, f*cked up individuals who quite often go around in gangs and pickon those in fewer numbers.

Blacks, whites, jews, Arabs, gays, Indians, Chinese, spotty-faced virgins still in school, etc., all kill any of the above or others because they have issues unfit for society.
                    An angry man making a comment is entirely different. Peace.
                    Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by THEUGLYDUCKLING View Post
                      guys please, five minutes after hiroshima it looked bad. . . twenty minutes after, it looked really, really bad.

almost 70s years later it looks like no big deal. enola gay, what's that, a unisex?

let's remember what country we are talking about here, we are a nation of forgivers.
                      So, whom do we forgive? The people that died in Hiroshima?
                      "The writer is the most important person in Hollywood, but we must never tell the sons of bitches." -- Irving G. Thalberg

Comment

In retrospect, Mel's obsession with a Man who talked himself into getting Crucified makes an awful lot of sense, doesn't it?

Well, I completely agree with the poster who said that Bad Actions carry more weight than Bad Words. It's unbelievable to me how people can line up around Roman Polanksi, who has shown zero remorse for raping a girl, but act as if Mel is worse than a rapist.

(And btw, Polanski had sex with more than one underage girl. Some of that is on record from France.
                        Just as Mel's hateful tirade obviously wasn't an isolated incident, neither was Polanski's predatory behavior.)

Mel's obviously got a major alcohol problem he has to address. I would guess that the alcohol abuse is merely the symptom of whatever his real problems are. Like Star-Powered Megalomania. But obviously, the alcohol is making them worse.

I just hope all he's done is shoot his mouth off. Beating a woman is inexcusable. Period.
                        If he beat that girl, I hope he goes to jail. And I say that as a long-time big fan of Mel Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                          And now it seems that Ed Norton will not be playing Bruce Banner... because he's an a-hole...

Marvel sez: "We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members."

I think the era where movie stars could do whatever they wanted and still get paid a bundle are over. Now they're probably going to have to play well with others and make profitable movies.

- Bill

WOW! A public diss of an a-lister. Change is coming. First is the cash break point, the demise of the 20 20 deals, now this.

this is great for lower budget filmmakers!

Comment

Originally posted by THEUGLYDUCKLING View Post

I think it's equally accurate to say we are a nation of forgetters. The public tends to conveniently forget what they want to if it suits their consumer-driven needs.
                            "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Travis Fields View Post
                              I just hope all he's done is shoot his mouth off. Beating a woman is inexcusable. Period.
                              If he beat that girl, I hope he goes to jail. And I say that as a long-time big fan of Mel Gibson.
                              she had 2 broken teeth to prove it but it's already out that he passively admitted it by saying she deserved to get hit.
                              (And btw, Polanski had sex with more than one underage girl. Some of that is on record from France.
                              Just as Mel's hateful tirade obviously wasn't an isolated incident, neither was Polanski's predatory behavior.)
                              the thing about polanski and woody allen. they problem was about love. mel's problem is about hate. and they also knew their problems were provocative and shocking in nature and made sure they were subjects/themes in their movies. they didn't blame any of it on the booze... which incidentally is the worst excuse for any bad verbal behavior. liquor brings your inhibitions down and you say things that you normally wouldn't say when you're sober enough to know what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                                she had 2 broken teeth to prove it but it's already out that he passively admitted it by saying she deserved to get hit.
                                the thing about polanski and woody allen. they problem was about love. mel's problem is about hate. and they also knew their problems were provocative and shocking in nature and made sure they were subjects/themes in their movies. they didn't blame any of it on the booze... which incidentally is the worst excuse for any bad verbal behavior. liquor brings your inhibitions down and you say things that you normally wouldn't say when you're sober enough to know what you're saying.
                                love and hate give off the same venom. one is not an excuse to do bad things. I love my bible so I will take your land. I love my faith so i will bomb your souls.

Comment

Working...
                                X