No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 4-24-08...

slight spoiler space...

Am I the only one who is having a hard time swallowing the fact that Alex is dead?

Locke's legs and Rose's cancer is fixed but mortal wounds aren't fixed?

Looks like whatever transported the polar bear worked for Ben getting off the island.

Good episode none the less, great way to come back from reruns...
    R.K. Bentley
    My Blog, My Design Studio
    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Re: Lost 4-24-08...

I think that was maybe the best episode of Lost since the first half of Season 1. They have so many balls in the air right now they have to drop the obsession with minutiae and make some big strides forward with the narrative, and I felt they really did that.

I found it preposterous that Claire survied that explosion with barely a scratch, but that aside I thought it was flawless.

The only thing itching at the back of my mind if the desperate prayer that they don't go the route of Heroes and completely deflate any sense of urgency or danger by resurrecting people from the dead en masse.
    Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

SPOILER

Do't we we already know that Claire doesn't make it off the island (though Aaron of course does)? I also thought Sawyer finding her alive after the explosion (and her quick recovery back to her usual self) was stretching it a bit.

Comment

Many people have died on the island. I can't see why Alex would be any different. Although they haven't fully explained it yet, it simply seems that the electromagnetic powers of the island speed healing. As for Locke? That's something else. That's Jacob.

I was blown away by this episode. So much was revealed. Small bits that add up. It was just non-stop action. It was great to see Sawyer come alive. We haven't had much from him lately. The use of the smoke monster was incredible on so many levels. I think something really awful is going to happen to Hurley. Maybe seeing "Jacob" is what causes him to go nuts and see ghosts off the island.

It's interesting because in the end, this is really a war between two men - Widmore and Ben. It's got an almost Professor X/Magneto quality to it.

Ele...

Comment

Interesting article on last nights show....
          http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b132..._Find_Out.html

Comment

I find it very easy to believe Alex is dead.

I find it very hard to believe Claire survived the explosion in the house. I find it even harder to believe Sawyer wasn't blown away getting Claire out of said blown up house.

Otherwise, fantastic and brilliant episode.
            "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

I just wish someone would find a "guide book" to the island... maybe it's my selfish ways, but I want to know everything about that freaking piece of rock out in the middle of no where...

It's kind of like an evil fantasy island don't you think?

***Spoiler***

I loved Ben's "Eye for an eye" one on one coversation with Whiddmore - I'd f*cking take his daughter's life tooo
              Last edited by zazzo2003; 04-25-2008, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk808 View Post
                I find it very easy to believe Alex is dead.

If they can kill off Charlie....anyone can die!

I'm not sure I agree about Jason healing Lock and everyone. What about the black woman (can't remember her name). Don't forget Ben was dying.

And of course the thing Hurrly said while playing the game. "Australia's the Key to the Whole Game"...hmmmmmmm

Comment

lol at all the random castaways mowed down in front of sawyer.

they totally did that as a self-parody.

Comment

why i'm i so worried that it's gonna get back to the same ole' theme of heaven and hell nonsense again?

for some reason...it looked to me like there were directorial choices made in the scene between Ben and Whidmore. The lighting on ben was very very dark. While the lighting on Whidmore was very halo'd and angelic almost as if to say that (contrary to what we might think) Whidmore is the God of the two and Ben is the fallen archangel type.

Especially when you consider the lines such as ..."we both know I can't kill you" and "you changed the rules" and "everything you have, you took from me" - the last being from Whidmore, like he's talking to a fallen angel.

i dunno. i know that road has been talked to death, but is this at all possible that these guys (and this island) are still all biblical?

s

Comment

Originally posted by santino2699 View Post
                      why i'm i so worried that it's gonna get back to the same ole' theme of heaven and hell nonsense again?

i dunno. i know that road has been talked to death, but is this at all possible that these guys (and this island) are still all biblical?

s
                      Personally I like the Heaven and Hell angle. It seemed like this was the course they were going to take. But, I think, that they have left this certain premise. Probably they realized that it would turn off segments of their viewers. But, for me, I would like to see a better balance between Science and Faith. But, the way the series is going, I like how they are going, so a lack of heavenly battle wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
                      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Working...
                      X