The big agencies will burn your script and not care!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big agencies will burn your script and not care!

1. CAA (and other big packaging firms) use screenplays as a vehicle for their higher paying clients.

2. The writer becomes the least paid part of that package.

1 and 2.

These are facts.

You have a director who will get paid 3 million to direct and you have a actor who will get paid 10 million to star.

And you have a screenwriter who will get 750,000.

That's a factor of 17 to 1.

17 to 1!

And people say CAA (and the others) won't burn scripts?

They will burn scripts.

Because even if they blow 16 out of 17 deals because of attachments being too burdensome or unwanted to the buyer.

They still will make more money in commissions on that one sale then if they went out with all those scripts naked, and 90 percent of them sold naked!

THE ONLY AGENT ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH RIGHT NOW WHO IS DOING IT RIGHT IS MIKE ESOLA.

Everybody is talking about his 3 script sales last June. But did you know he also sold 2 in May? That's 5 spec sales in two months. Only 26 sold this last year. One agent (of hundreds) holds 20 percent of all spec sales!

We need more agents like Mike.

Re: The big agencies will burn your script and not care!

Originally posted by Joe Eszterhas Jr. View Post
    THE ONLY AGENT ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH RIGHT NOW WHO IS DOING IT RIGHT IS MIKE ESOLA.
    I know he's really a manager, but what about Chris Fenton? That guy cleaned up earlier this year. Something like four big spec sales in the space of a few months.
    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

And all three of Mike Esola's sales in June had neither a director nor actor attached at the time of sale.

Chris had one of his sales piggie backin off Mike. But I have heard great things about Chris.

Comment

What's bothersome is everybody finds a way to hide from these facts, to justify their actions or their opinion.

It's not show-friends. it's show-biz. It's simply about making money.

And if you're a big agency who has a-list talent, you will burn scripts because you will make more money.

Comment

Chris Fenton also sings for Shoot to Kill in his spare time.

http://www.myspace.com/shoottokill
          QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

The facts are stated. I have to run some errands. Will check in on this post and the manager demystified post later today.

Have a great day everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Eszterhas Jr. View Post
              And all three of Mike Esola's sales in June had neither a director nor actor attached at the time of sale.
              Not true. Channing Tatum was attached to Ion.

Esola will definitely try and attach talent if it will help the project.
              https://twitter.com/#!/moviewriterJeff

Comment

Yeah, I'd hate to be that sucker who gets paid only $750,000 for 4 or 5 months of work. It's atrocious.

Comment

1. Bears love honey.

2. Honey is available at a supermarket near you in some kind of bear-shaped container.

1 and 2!!!

These are FACTS. Why do people act like these aren't FACTS when they are so obviously FACTS.

I have to go to Trader Joe's right now but I will check back in later to discuss these important FACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by corduroy View Post
                    1. Bears love honey.

2. Honey is available at a supermarket near you in some kind of bear-shaped container.

1 and 2!!!

These are FACTS. Why do people act like these aren't FACTS when they are so obviously FACTS.

I have to go to Trader Joe's right now but I will check back in later to discuss these important FACTS.
                    You can say that bears love honey and there are bear shaped honey containers--

But do you know how many bear shaped containers FULL OF HONEY are thrown out by supermarkets because they passed their expiration dates?!

I'm sorry people, these containers get thrown out.

The ONLY bear right now who can eat all the honey is WINNIE-THE-POOH!

He got stuck in Rabbit's hole he ate so much honey!

WE NEED MORE BEARS LIKE WINNIE!

I'm sorry this is the way it is, but IF YOU THINK IT'S DIFFERENT YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELVES.

Comment

Originally posted by Mopap View Post
                      You can say that bears love honey and there are bear shaped honey containers--

But do you know how many bear shaped containers FULL OF HONEY are thrown out by supermarkets because they passed their expiration dates?!

I'm sorry people, these containers get thrown out.

The ONLY bear right now who can eat all the honey is WINNIE-THE-POOH!

He got stuck in Rabbit's hole he ate so much honey!

WE NEED MORE BEARS LIKE WINNIE!

I'm sorry this is the way it is, but IF YOU THINK IT'S DIFFERENT YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELVES.
                      And big supermarkets will throw out honey even before it expires because ... uh ... it's not honey-friends, it's honey-biz! It's simply about making money, and ruining your own products instead of selling them makes you money. I think. Somehow.

And big supermarkets with lots of honey will BURN SMOKEY THE BEAR! BURN HIM UP! Because they will make more money!

The FACTS are stated. Do not ignore the FACTS.
                      Patrick Sweeney

Comment

FACT - Honey never goes bad!!!

all y'all is idiots and since you know nothing about honey you must know nothing about showbusiness

Comment

Originally posted by jimjimgrande View Post
                          Hey, I think I can actually use this FACT in a screenplay I'm working on. Thanks!
                          Patrick Sweeney

Comment

What I want to know is how Will Dunn, writer of Ion, got his script to either Escola (who's he repped by now), or Ridley Scott (who bought his script), considering he had zero produced credits beforehand. Scott Free Productions & WME don't exactly take unsolicited submissions, particularly from unproduced writers, ergo I'm wondering how this happened. Surely there was some nepotism involved. My apologies if this has been discussed previously, I'm new to the board.

Comment

Originally posted by jimjimgrande View Post

all y'all is idiots and since you know nothing about honey you must know nothing about showbusiness
                              d'oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X