This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lawsuit against WME and CAA

I found that other thread where the idea of a lawsuit against talent agencies was born...the thread is from 2009 and it was started by...coincidentally... NYNEX...who also started this thread!!!!

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=45061

The lawsuit was filed six months ago and it's only come to the surface after someone hired a PR firm to spread the story.

Comment

Call me crazy but I'm technically non white (well half) and a female and I wasn't kept out

I actually got the chance to adapt a book because I wasn't white and a female as weird as that sounds.

I assume he is male but is taking up for females... maybe he cross dresses in his free time -- or should start. He's just bitter.
      Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

I asked a girl out on a date a few weeks back. She declined.

Since I can't get into them on my own, I'm going to hire an attorney and sue her pants off.

Then I'm going to hire "WICKID PU$$* PUBLICITY" to turn out a press release.

Comment

Originally posted by prescribe22 View Post
          I asked a girl out on a date a few weeks back. She declined.

Since I can't get into them on my own, I'm going to hire an attorney and sue her pants off.

Then I'm going to hire "WICKID PU$$* PUBLICITY" to turn out a press release.
          Going through that old thread...you were on fire burning NYNEX's ass...Figured you rise out of the flames for this one too.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleDolphinZero View Post
            The Lawsuit is retarded but there's some merit to some of what he's saying.

In the end, it's pointless, fruitless (or soon to be), and ultimately misguided.
            I do wonder sometimes if my name on the title page creates a certain read bias.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
              Maybe there's a better P.R. firm he could have used than one that totally undermines his claim.
              How does this undermine his claim?

The claim -- white guys have more access to Hollywood.

The Wicked Pissa guy is clearly white - his photo is right there. Now, if he was a Black or Latino or Asian man I could see your point.

But there he is -- a affable-looking white guy in a nice suit who claims insider connections at Hollywood. IMO it supports the claims made in the lawsuit.

And I assume the claimant's paying him for PR.

Then again, the lawsuit is clearly moot. There is no bias in Hollywood. The reason white male writers overwhelmingly outnumber women and minorities is because white males are simply more talented.

I'll check back in to see how quickly my butt is handed to me.
              Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

The lawsuit is saying the only way in is a reference, which is impossible to find.

The P.R. firm he hired says that one of the services they offer is being a reference for anyone.

I'm just pointing out that it's funny, is all.

(And yes, I know that it's also untrue, that Wickid Pissa really doesn't have all the contacts they claim on their website.)

Comment

The lawsuit is saying the only way in is a reference, which is impossible to find.

The P.R. firm he hired says that one of the services they offer is being a reference for anyone.

I'm just pointing out that it's funny, is all.

(And yes, I know that it's also untrue, that Wickid Pissa really doesn't have all the contacts they claim on their website.)

Funny. I see. I guess I misunderstood your statement: "Totally undermines his claim."
                  Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

If all you had to do was pay someone a small fee and you'd get read by heads of studios, wouldn't that undermine the claim that it's impossible to get read by heads of studios?

Am I missing something?

I didn't hire Wickid Pissa. Don't get mad at me.

Comment

If all you had to do was pay someone a small fee and you'd get read by heads of studios, wouldn't that undermine the claim that it's impossible to get read by heads of studios?

Am I missing something?

I didn't hire Wickid Pissa. Don't get mad at me.
                      Not mad at all. Mildly amused by your argument, that's all.

Then again, as I said above, the only logical explanation for why white male writers overwhelmingly outnumber women and minorities is because white males are simply more talented -- inherently, by virtue of their white maleness -- and therefore rise to the top by rule of nature. I can think of no other reason to explain the demographics.

Comment

The African-American population is at about 12% yet it makes up 80% of the NBA...which seems like a disproportionate amount of blacks to whites based on overall population, if you ask me...But how come NYNEX isn't taking up the fight for the white man in his inability to crack the NBA??

Because sports is objective... If the athlete can jump higher, run faster, handle the ball better, he's the better man regardless of color...You can't argue with the stats...but talent is subjective...there's no real stats and everything is based on opinion and gut feelings...so there's more room to play the race card here. "If agents aren't responding to my query it has to be skin color and not logline."

I'm not sure how anyone knows that "Justin Samuels" isn't anything but Jewish!!

Maybe NYNEX can tell us the proof that he's been discriminated against by the agencies because of his skin color...We agree that there's a lack of minorities in the business but that doesn't directly relate to how CAA discriminates against Justin Samuels. The black writer who goes to meeting after meeting and never gets hired or is only sent to black shows might have some proof of discrimination based on his experiences...But those aren't Justin Samuels experiences... And that black writer was able to get through the agency doors which is why he's taking all those meetings...What are your experiences??... How do you know the discrimination is on skin color and not talent? Because you graduated from Cornell? There are plenty of white Jewish boys who graduated from USC's film school and can't get through agency doors. There's people who've won the Nichol comp and can't get through agency doors...Where's your definitive proof of discrimination?

Because if your discrimination is based on rejected query letters or no agency response at all...then as a Caucasion person with no query letter success I'm starting a lawsuit too... cuz the agencies are obviously trying to keep out whitey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
                          Because if your discrimination is based on rejected query letters or no agency response at all...then as a Caucasion person with no query letter success I'm starting a lawsuit too... cuz the agencies are obviously trying to keep out whitey.

Interesting point.

Considering Hollywood is a total meritocracy and white guys are inherently superior, talentwise, how can we explain your lack of success?

Perhaps you should go over to Ancestry.com and double-check your caucasian lineage.

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
                            Not mad at all. Mildly amused by your argument, that's all.

Then again, as I said above, the only logical explanation for why white male writers overwhelmingly outnumber women and minorities is because white males are simply more talented -- inherently, by virtue of their white maleness -- and therefore rise to the top by rule of nature. I can think of no other reason to explain the demographics.
                            when a minority or woman ever has a discrimination complaint and a white man who is successful and nothing to fear by their efforts cries foul, i get this icky vibe coming from them and it turns my stomach. i know at the time there were many who didn't understand the efforts of the freedom riders too.

Comment

Wait a minute, is this YOU???!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
                                Interesting point.

Considering Hollywood is a total meritocracy and white guys are inherently superior, talentwise, how can we explain your lack of success?

Perhaps you should go over to Ancestry.com and double-check your caucasian lineage.

At least your years of failure in Hollywood can be rooted in the discrimination of women.

Comment

Working...
                                X