Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done Deal Pro 10th Anniversary & Subscription Drive

This week Done Deal Pro officially celebrates its 10th anniversary. Back in February 2005, we opened it as a sister/companion site to Done Deal (Scriptsales.com) so we could offer an advanced search engine for our data, additional interactivity & functionality, etc.

For the first time, we thought we'd try a subscription drive. If you have never tried our main site and/or are not aware of what we do, Done Deal Pro lists literary deals for film and television projects being set up in the industry each week which includes title, logline, writer, writer's reps, producers, directors & actors attached and the production companies involved. Our entire database contain over 16,800 film literary deals & over 6,000 TV literary deals and grows on a monthly & yearly basis. We also offer contact info for the various agents, managers, lawyers and production companies involved with each deal, as best we can. And it's all in a very easy to read format.

We are very aware the recession continues to drag on and it affects everyone and everything, of course. In the past, a few kind souls have asked about donating to help the forums but we have declined their generous offers since it has always been our goal to help screenwriters out for free as much as we can. We use a portion of the money from subscriptions to help pay for hosting the forums, but as hosting fees grow each year it becomes a bit tougher and tougher. Thus, we decided by doing a subscription drive we could create a "quid pro quo- way to raise funding for the forums by tying it in with access to our film & TV deals database.

If you have never tried us before you can learn more about what we offer via our ABOUT and FAQ pages. If you have subscribed before and your subscription has lapsed, it'd be great to have you back. And even if you don't feel we can provide info that fits your needs exactly, then at the very least please look at it as a way to support the message boards as well as even our main site free content such as the examples section, contest listings, etc.

At $23.95 a year, it comes out to only $2 a month or just 7 cents a day. Your subscription and support would mean a great deal and would help us to continue to provide the best resource we can to script writers the world over.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Re: Done Deal Pro 10th Anniversary & Subscription Drive

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post

At $23.95 a year, it comes out to only $2 a month or just 7 cents a day.
    This sounds like one of those Sally Struthers feed an African child commercials.

Anyway, congrats Will! I remember when Done Deal still had its amateur status.

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
      Thus, we decided by doing a subscription drive we could create a "quid pro quo- way to raise funding for the forums by tying it in with access to our film & TV deals database.
      Let me add a testimonial about the great value of the DDP database...

I write edgy, high-concept comedy pilots, so I used the TV Deals Archive to search for managers and boutique agents who had sold similarly high-concept or edgy sitcom pilots in the past year.

I then did a bit of Google-fu to find their emails online (pro tip-- not as hard as you think, since a lot of writers have their reps' contact info on their web pages), and sent targeted cold query emails to dozens of managers and agents.

And it actually worked! One of the agents I emailed-- who's sold three pilots in the past year-- requested my latest script, read it the same afternoon I sent it, and loved it so much he wanted to meet the next morning to close the deal!

So I now have an agent! And I can honestly say, without a trace of hyperbole, that it absolutely would not have happened if I hadn't subscribed to Done Deal Pro-- thanks DDP!

Comment

Congrats, Will and DDP! The site continues to be a great resource; I've learned so much from others on here, on everything from the craft to the business of screenwriting. As for the subscription section, I've been a member for a few years now. I've found it very valuable, giving great insight into what types of scripts are selling, how much they're selling for, and who's buying. I highly recommend it. And look forward to seeing my name in the database one day Here's to 10 more!
        "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Well, I know it's your talent as writers that has truly propelled you along, but most kind of you both to say. Glad we could play a (small) part.

We'll keep doing our best.
          Will
          Done Deal Pro
          www.donedealpro.com

Comment

It's a no-brainer to spend just $23.95 for a year of access to deals databases, forms and contracts, etc.

I know that my subscription is considered "must have" for my career.

(When you were starting out, how much did you spend on just a single contest entry?)
            Last edited by DangoForth; 02-07-2015, 07:15 AM.

Comment

I could say that I'm doing this just to help pay back DDP for all the incredible and valuable advice I've gained over the years.

But I also believe it's a great service that's going to help me this year, as I plan to start querying my material. I'll be signing up for a membership Will

Comment

Absolutely invaluable and the best deal in town by about a million miles.

Comment

I blew the $24 I allocated for script sites on my Writer's Emergency Pack; which I burned in my driveway.
                  I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

The price of the DDPro subscription is frankly a steal. A bargain of the century. I check the sales database daily, and plunge "searches" often weekly. It's honestly the most comprehensive database out there for the price. If you're a serious writer, then this needs to be in your arsenal. Knowledge is key in this game. And the key costs $25.

EJ

Comment

Working...
                    X