Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awake

NBC just announced it's premier date - Thursday, March 1st at 10 PM. Looks like The Firm just got the boot.

This is from Blacklist writer Kyle Killen (The Beaver). I really hope NBC spends the next four weeks on heavy advertising for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfPVoiQKFvk
    Last edited by mge457; 02-03-2012, 07:38 PM. Reason: Fix premier time - thanks madbandit
    "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Re: Awake

You mean, it'll premiere at 10pm, unless it's a two-hour pilot.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
      You mean, it'll premiere at 10pm, unless it's a two-hour pilot.
      Ahh that is correct. Thank you.
      "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Originally posted by mge457 View Post
        Ahh that is correct. Thank you.

No problem, man.
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

This looks good... do you guys know what's it all about...????
          D. Alin
          http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Originally posted by David Alin View Post
            This looks good... do you guys know what's it all about...????
            It's about a detective living the same life...in two different universes.

It has potential, but knowing NBC...

Comment

From what I understand it revolves around the theory of quantum suicide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum...nd_immortality

Comment

Definitely looks intriguing.

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
                From what I understand it revolves around the theory of quantum suicide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum...nd_immortality
                I thought Whitney tackled that subject. Insert joke here...
                #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

The first show in a LONG time I'm excited for.
                  Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

NBC put the pilot online.

http://www.nbc.com/awake/video/speci...review/1385322
                    "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Furious Anjel View Post
                      That's an interesting "trend" with them - they did the same thing w/Smash (it was even a free download on iTunes) - but they don't allow you to watch any of the current shows online.

Comment

i tried to watch it on hulu but didn't last very long. interesting premise but placed into the same tired police procedural formula that holds no interest for me. but even the alternate realities were only being explored in the context of therapy sessions, which makes for a lot of talk talk talk. also, Jason Issacs is about as charismatic in this as dishwater.

Comment

The Awake pilot is available on iTunes for free too.

Comment

Just watched it on iTunes.

Thought it was very good. The premise of two realities isn't just explored in the therapy sessions... they overlap with each other and clues from a case in one reality apply to the case in the other reality.

It's all very interesting and groundbreaking for primetime TV, IMO.

The character exploration might be even greater than Breaking Bad (which I think is probably the best character-driven drama on TV). A man who has lost both his wife and son gets to keep them both, but only in two separate realities that he's not sure even exist. And he's forced to discover (through two different therapists) which is the true reality to keep his job(s), knowing that once he discovers the truth the false reality will cease to exist... but he'll stop at nothing to stay "awake" in each version of his life.

My verdict: Must see! Kyle Killen rocked this shiz.

Comment

Yeah, I REALLY liked it. Everyone is terrified that it'll be too difficult to sustain, but it does seem sustainable to me. Apparently they shut down production for a minute because they were struggling with trying to wrangle down the stories. I actually hope that's not a bad thing. If they can avoid allowing the potential for complexity to turn into complications (which is difficult), this show is gonna be awesome.

Kyle's other pilot was dope too. Dude showed up out of no where, got on the blacklist, got a very well respected pilot/show on the air last year, and now Awake which has immense potential. He's the real deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X