No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellowstone

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else here has seen the Kevin Costner western-style tv show Yellowstone?

I just "discovered" it even though it is in it's 3rd season.
    I think it comes on the Paramount channel on tv, but I found it on amazon prime. I think you can get it on Peacock as well if you have cable?

It reminds me of a mash of Dallas, Legends of the Fall, Blue Bloods, Downton Abbey, and Shenandoah. I know all these don't seem like they would be anything alike, but once you see the Yellowstone show you may see the same similarities I do.

The cast is a good one, which always helps. The writer/creator is a former actor who got disillusioned with the acting world and turned to writing a while back.

The storylines are good, and you care about the characters. Also, as in the aforementioned films/shows, Yellowstone shows both sides of situations and let's the audience have an understanding of both sides. Basically, everyone's right and everyone's wrong type of story.

I highly recommend watching if you have a chance. I blew thru the first 2 seasons, even sacrificing sleep on some occasions. It's that good.

Re: Yellowstone

Originally posted by Darthclaw13 View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else here has seen the Kevin Costner western-style tv show Yellowstone?

I just "discovered" it even though it is in it's 3rd season.
    I think it comes on the Paramount channel on tv, but I found it on amazon prime. I think you can get it on Peacock as well if you have cable?

It reminds me of a mash of Dallas, Legends of the Fall, Blue Bloods, Downton Abbey, and Shenandoah. I know all these don't seem like they would be anything alike, but once you see the Yellowstone show you may see the same similarities I do.

The cast is a good one, which always helps. The writer/creator is a former actor who got disillusioned with the acting world and turned to writing a while back.

The storylines are good, and you care about the characters. Also, as in the aforementioned films/shows, Yellowstone shows both sides of situations and let's the audience have an understanding of both sides. Basically, everyone's right and everyone's wrong type of story.

I highly recommend watching if you have a chance. I blew thru the first 2 seasons, even sacrificing sleep on some occasions. It's that good.
    I'll check this out. It sounds like something I'd like. Thank you.

Comment

Re: Yellowstone

That Sheridan has written a show that is so soapy was crazy to me. It's really great.

Comment

Working...
      X