Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital Arts Entertainment

I was doing a 'deep search' through my contact database (for old companies I'd not pitched for a while) and decided to check out CAE and their new website.

They still claim to be able to service at every step, production through distribution, but their new site has something I've not seen before: Photos of the many 'standing sets' at their two main locations:

Their website

I loved going through the pix of the standing sets, where I saw scenes of so many of my scripts: "Oh yeah, there's the hospital for my several of my scripts! There's the boiler room for xxxx. The conference room for xxxx. The office cubicles for my xxxx story." etc.

Few of us are at any stage of considering locations for our low budget movies, but if the time comes this is an alternative to finding them in private homes, companies or institutions that might let us film there, and probably far cheaper than building our own sets. All we have to do is book the schedules, and arrange the travel to Atlanta or LA.

Sure, over time, you might use one of these sets and an attentive audience might notice a background that's been in one or more other films (!), but to save a lot of money I'd probably take the chance. I'm sure you're able to gussy up each particular location to your own requirements.

But this is a really interesting solution to the problem that every film has to deal with, and I thought it would be interesting to share here. There are so many sides to this business: Producing a film is totally fascinating, and writing is just the beginning.

Working...
X