Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing screenplay on the Weekends

So I got a request for a script late friday. Should I email weekends or wait till monday?

I got told some people may read screenplays over the weekend.

Re: Emailing screenplay on the Weekends

I always tried to send within a couple hours of when it was requested, max. When you finally grab someone's attention, jump on it. Sometimes they'll take weeks to get to it, other times they'll read it super fast. Every situation and reader is different. But I will say that half the reads I got back when querying resulted in statements like, "So I read it over the weekend and -"

I'd send. Worst case, it's in their inbox when they get to work on Monday morning.
    Last edited by Lahlowen; 06-29-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Agreed. Send the file. (The only other comment I have is that, because of this end of week/weekend situation, you can be a little EXTRA careful in your submission... we're always so eager to send them out, eh?)

Comment

i'd send it as soon as i receive the request. hopefully, they'll open it, read the first page and never stop.
        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
          i'd send it as soon as i receive the request. hopefully, they'll open it, read the first page and never stop.
          THAT!

There's a reason there's a saying "The Weekend Read." Having been married to an agent for 15 years I can say with 100% accuracy that she never (not once) read anything during the weekdays. And never on Saturday. Only Sundays, early. I would best guess that 90% of reading scripts (in the entire town) happens on Sundays between 8-11 am or 5-10 pm (people pic their time and stick to it for an entire career). Literally, I'll be that specific with my guess.
          Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Working...
          X