No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meeting with Manager via BL

That will be bad ass if you do.

He said to shoot him some loglines, gave me a card, etc. As I was walking out he said he'd be in touch. We will see but I hope so. Based on the vibe I've gotten with them over the past few weeks they'll let me know soon if they're going to do something. I'd consider no word past this week a pass.

Comment

"Shoot him some loglines- is often a red flag if it's just coming from the production side. I'd wager I know where your meeting was.

Comment

You probably do. I figured that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
          "Shoot him some loglines- is often a red flag if it's just coming from the production side. I'd wager I know where your meeting was.
          He's fishing for concepts to farm out to inexpensive writers in India or something?

Comment

I'd have 100 Hollywood people say "shoot me some loglines" -- it's normal. I'm not saying it ever leads to something great -- but it's not sketchy if that's what you guys are implying.

Comment

Originally posted by megablahblah View Post
              He's fishing for concepts to farm out to inexpensive writers in India or something?
              Lol. I took it more as saying "keep me updated on future ideas because we're not going forward with what you got". The "we'll be in touch" afterward was what gave me a glimmer of hope. I thought that's what Satriales meant too. If he did mean it's some kind of sketchy idea farming thing then I doubt it in this case. I'm sure it happens but I didn't get that from these guys.
              Last edited by DDoc; 09-28-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                I'd have 100 Hollywood people say "shoot me some loglines" -- it's normal. I'm not saying it ever leads to something great -- but it's not sketchy if that's what you guys are implying.
                Yes. I read loglines all the time -- just read 300. I don't want a script sent unless I at least like the logline. One has to start somewhere and that's a good place.
                Will
                Done Deal Pro
                www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
                  Lol. I took it more as saying "keep me updated on future ideas because we're not going forward with what you got". The "we'll be in touch" afterward was what gave me a glimmer of hope. I thought that's what Satriales meant too. If he did mean it's some kind of sketchy idea farming thing then I doubt it in this case. I'm sure it happens but I didn't get that from these guys.
                  To be clear I’ve had plenty of people ask for a bunch of loglines. Hell, that’s your job. But the two times the production side of a large management firm did? Total precursor to spec farm bs. The next thing you know you’re writing up treatments as an audition for representation.

That said, I’m 100% of the mind that getting repped at a reputable place is better than not being repped, even if it’s a spec farm.

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
                    Yes. I read loglines all the time -- just read 300. I don't want a script sent unless I at least like the logline. One has to start somewhere and that's a good place.
                    Of course. But I'm talking about the times where reps, producers, etc ask for loglines for future ideas BEFORE a script is written...

I think that's what others were referring too as well...

Comment

What's funny, to me, is that I've never written a logline. EVER. Yet, I've been repped at: CAA, RESOLUTION, GOTHAM and now new shop.

I should know how to do it, true, but I don't. My rep's like "What's the logline?" Me "No idea." Him "Okay, cool, I'll come up with something." Me "Rad! I trust you."

Scripts written: 10?

Loglines written: 0!
                      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Working...
                      X